1965 Polara floor metal panels

TallTex

Reaction score
I have a patched trunk floor pan and would like to replace with a new trunk floor.
Floor metal for inside the car appears to be good.
Is there a vendor for C-Body floor panels? Thanks

Not that I know of. Years ago I had to cut some patch panels out of a Fury in the salvage yard. I think trunk was identical. Front floor pan was slightly different, but usable . . .

No panels are made for our C bodies, a donor vehicle is the only source for clean sheet metal, if you can't find an old NOS panel, which you probably won't.

Yes, assumed so but wanted to see seems lots of sheet metal for Mopar Muscle car bodies none for C-body. I did find one guy Fitzee's that fabricates his own and has a great video on trunk floor patches, so will see if I can follow his lead. Of course this is his business and he has metal shaping tools for it. fyi: https://www.youtube.com/@fitzeesfabrications

You might check out "I'm not a metal man" in the body work section of FCBO. Try around post # 87. Good tips on fabbing trunk pannels. Lindsay
Merry Christmas!!

I know of this place that has full truck floor pans, here you go. 1965-1968 Dodge Monaco Trunk Floor Pan
Terrible products. Everything I've ever seen from them looks like a kid in high school made it in shop class. The stuff I bought for a '53 Chrysler ended up in the scrap pile.

This video should be required viewing for everyone that looks at their products.

Terrible products. Everything I've ever seen from them looks like a kid in high school made it in shop class. The stuff I bought for a '53 Chrysler ended up in the scrap pile.

This video should be required viewing for everyone that looks at their products.

That is why experience is king.

While I 100% agree with the video on the rocker panel that shows, in my case I bought rear floor patch panels and trunk extensions from C2C for my 67 Newport. There were similar fitment and shape issues, but the one overall point to not forget is that for floors, they do not really show unless someone crawls under the car. In my case I wanted to make the car useable, and not necessarily have a 100% perfect restoration. For me these floor pans were perfect since they are made of thick metal, and oversized. Yes, I spent some time finessing them into shape and trimming but in the end I spent WAY less time than I would starting from flat sheet metal especially considering I am working at home and not in a fab shop. For the trunk extensions, basically the same experience, except in this case they were much bigger than what was needed. After trimming, I had enough left over metal to fab rocker panel patches, which for my car are not available.

While I 100% agree with the video on the rocker panel that shows, in my case I bought rear floor patch panels and trunk extensions from C2C for my 67 Newport. There were similar fitment and shape issues, but the one overall point to not forget is that for floors, they do not really show unless someone crawls under the car. In my case I wanted to make the car useable, and not necessarily have a 100% perfect restoration. For me these floor pans were perfect since they are made of thick metal, and oversized. Yes, I spent some time finessing them into shape and trimming but in the end I spent WAY less time than I would starting from flat sheet metal especially considering I am working at home and not in a fab shop. For the trunk extensions, basically the same experience, except in this case they were much bigger than what was needed. After trimming, I had enough left over metal to fab rocker panel patches, which for my car are not available.
Good point as long as your not looking for a perfect restoration, one mans treasure....

Here's my big problems with C2C. First, of course, is they sell an inferior product. As said, to me it's clearly high school metal shop quality. It goes way beyond that.... I often see pictures of random "restored" cars they post on various Facebook pages and I can tell right off, they didn't use ANY of their garbage. To me, that's a whole level of false advertising and there are a lot of stories of guys buying their crap.... Only to say "WTF", this is junk. If C2C advertised it as "better than nothing", that would be the truth.

If it's good enough for your car... Fine... It's your car... Just don't say it's good enough for everyone. Not that I think you did... You did this yourself, did all the cutting and fitting and got it together. Now put yourself in the shoes of some guy that can't do that work for one reason or another. They have to pay $$$ for some body guy to cut and fit... At current shop rates, the money saved by buying C2C panels gets wiped out by additional labor costs and the finished product isn't all that good. Hell... I can do a lot of this work, but I set enough value to my own time that I would find some good used sheet metal before I spent time where I could be doing something else.

Rant off...

John,
Where I come from there is no such thing as a good slab side floor or trunk panel. Ive owned these cars since the 80s when I got out of high school and even back then these parts were rotting out or getting thin. By the time I source a good part and pay for it as well as shipping in these times, I am well over the cost of new metal that is 90% in the shape I need and with extra metal to trim off. I am an EE, and work managing a team of engineers, I am not a fabricator. I used tin snips, a death wheel, flap disk, some hammers and a small mig welder to do this work to get this car back on the road after my dad parked it 30 years ago. Yes, I spent a few weekends doing this job but for well less than $1K I needed up with a car that passed state inspection. I 100% agree that these parts are not for everyone and I 100% agree that they are not drop in parts for the pieces that the car was made of, and that they do not look like the parts that the car was originally made from but they are brand new metal, at least a thick as original metal. I agree with most of your post but I daresay the parts I bought are not junk, they were very useable. Also I am sure that even if a car owner had a shop install these parts it would cost less than the shop fabricating new ones from flat metal. My point is I don't want people to be discouraged to get their car back on the road by hearing that parts are not available not useable or very costly when there is an alternative that is viable in certain situations.

I 100% agree that these parts are not for everyone and I 100% agree that they are not drop in parts for the pieces that the car was made of, and that they do not look like the parts that the car was originally made from
This is the part that gets left out when someone suggests "C2C". Of course, at least you have actually worked with the parts, something most people recommending C2C have never done. It all sounds like rainbows and unicorns to the guy that's never actually done the work. I'm really not trying to argue a lot on this... as I said, your car. I just don't want people thinking that the C2C junk is the answer. You won't change my mind on "junk"... I've held too much of it in my hands to think differently.

I'll will give you some kudos for being an EE that can actually do some mechanical work. I've known a lot of them and most would hurt themselves with a grinder. One of my brothers was an EE and could put a lot of mechanics to shame with his abilities. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back