For Sale 1965 Poly 318 and 727.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBcream

Reaction score
Contact seller
FOR SALE.

This is a 318 poly and 727 trans pulled from my 1965 Plymouth Fury 3.

The good:
Motor ran fine about a year ago, had good oil pressure/compression and would start up almost instantly. I installed a digital ignition conversion, fresh spark plugs, new fuel pump, new 2 barrel carb, new air filter and had her running pretty good. Transmission would go into all gears but slipped under heavy load. Motor was fully rebuilt about 15 years ago by my grandfather.

The bad:
The new 2 barrel carb that I installed was apparently not put together well and a screw from the primary fell into the motor while it was running. I was letting it warm up, it backfired and then I heard a small rattling noise. I turned the car off and started looking around for what the noise was. I started the car back up for a few seconds and turned it back off. Found the screw missing from the carb. So most likely it went through the top end somewhere. I doubt it did terrible amounts of damage but still unfortunate.

This screw incident got me started on rebuilding the car from ground up and I have now sourced a 440 to replace this motor with, so I no longer need this motor and trans.

The only thing I removed from this car was the A/C components as I might need them later on for my rebuild. Exhaust was cut after the merge under oil pan so new exhaust could be adapted back to it there.

Motor/trans is located in Southern Georgia (Valdosta). I am willing to travel to help get it to you and could ship but price/setting shipping up will be on you.

I am asking $600 cash for someone to come pick this up from me but I am open to offers. I will ask a bit more to travel to meet you and shipping would be on your dime.

Feel free to ask any questions, I can get you pictures of whatever you would like.

You can call/text me at 229-560-8239

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Do you by chance still have the driverside motor mount bracket? Or a good picture of it?
Been looking forever for info on the 65 C-body driverside Poly bracket...

Is this still available?
I tried to call the number listed and it would not go through.
Going to Florida next week, and will be coming through Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back