1965 Sport Fury Indianapolis Sport Fury Emblems

Mudeblue

Reaction score
Over the past year, someone who had a 1965 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car replica and mentioned that they had magnetic emblems they could attach to the car for shows, etc. and then remove them. As I recall, they had purchased them. I have researched the internet for these and cannot locate such but rather only the vinyl ones that are permanently attached. Does anyone have any info on these? Thanks.

Indianapolis 500.jpg

I don't have any info on the lettering you seek. MY 65 SF is a hardtop so I'm not versed on the Pacers.

But - have you seen these photos? They show differences amongst the pace car variants, in the lettering, grab handles, wheelcovers, engine emblems, and other details.
I got them during a visit to the Speedway Museum some years ago, so they could be considered legitimate references. Other than knowing what the differences signify.

EDIT - for future readers, here's another thread discussing the lettering a bit.
1965 Fury pace cars!

1676380824828.png

I see that the original post was several years ago asking about "magnetic" lettering. I have seen one of these cars with the Indy Pace Car magnets. I'm sure that someone simply installed the decals on large plain white magnetic sign blanks and then attached them to doors and quarter panels for display. If the white color of the sign blank is close to the shade of white of the car it could be quite effective. A quick Google search turns up the magnetic sign blanks and they're pretty cheap. But I'm guessing a custom shade of white would be more expensive if available.

Back