1965 Sport Fury rear biggest rim/tire suggestions needed. Springs moved in to frame.

4spd6pk

Reaction score
1965 Sport Fury- Biggest rim/tire suggestions needed. Springs moved in to frame.

Anyone out there have any idea's or suggestions on this thread. Purchased this car a month ago and saved it from the beginning of a dragstrip only conversion. The springs have been moved in to the frame which gives me a little more wiggle room for bigger meat and rim combo. Frame has been tied with fuel cell and batteries in the trunk,wiring harness is going back together and in tact but other than that....she is all there. Looking to stay with 15" steels on the back for a nostalgic super stock street car look with torq-thrust,slots or steel up front. Any help is appreciated,especially from those experienced with this car.

Last edited:
Anyone out there have any idea's or suggestions on this thread. Purchased this car a month ago and saved it from the beginning of a dragstrip only conversion. The springs have been moved in to the frame which gives me a little more wiggle room for bigger meat and rim combo. Frame has been tied with fuel cell and batteries in the trunk,wiring harness is going back together and in tact but other than that....she is all there. Looking to stay with 15" steels on the back for a nostalgic super stock street car look with torq-thrust,slots or steel up front. Any help is appreciated,especially from those experienced with this car.
On my 66 Fury I'm running 15x8s with 4.5 back space & 275/60-15 coopers. It looks like I could go with 5" backspace and fit 295/50s

slicks2.jpgslicks3.jpg15x8 steelies with 26/10 slicks, I'm guessing 12s would be doable.

slicks2.jpg

slicks3.jpg

Last edited:
Back