NOT MINE 1966 Chrysler 300 2DR HT Dealer car in Maine

coco

Reaction score
Would like to be able to afford this one, nice colour outside, but would prefer dark interior. You'd think they would just post the decent pictures up !

$18.5k

Wont let me copy/paste the images for some reason, sorry...

I like the cream interior. Gorgeous car.

IMG_0873.jpeg

It’s incredible:wideyed:, my search would have just ended if I were looking.

Here are the photos I took a few weeks ago -when it first hit the lot. No one came out , and I didn’t want to open doors or hood. If I was in the market my search would be over as well - I can just image this car with magnum 500s and proper thin white walls. I drive by Motorland everyday - I can get more info if needed

So many cranks on the interior panels. I’d have this converted to power windows in no time!

Did you go to Bandaloop after for lunch? We stay at the Cottages at Cabot Cove every year and a friend has recommended Bandaloop for a while, and we wish we had gone sooner.

Did you go to Bandaloop after for lunch? We stay at the Cottages at Cabot Cove every year and a friend has recommended Bandaloop for a while, and we wish we had gone sooner.
Bandaloop is fine. Please do yourself a favor and try “The Lost Fire” in Cape Porpoise next time you visit. Hands down the best steak in southern Maine!

Nice car and of course at the other end of the world. I think the interior looks great in this color provided your pants are clean when you sit in it. Unlike detmatt I like the crank windows. Less electrical doodads to go south like removing all four motors in my Parklane now. Of course that went on hold when the motor needed to be pulled out last month for a complete rebuild.

You can do that? Seriously!?! Where to start? I’ve got a 66 Newport coupe.
The hardest part would be gathering all of the parts but power windows are so worth it especially in these big luxury liner sized cars that are almost impossible to reach across if you’re riding solo and you want the windows down. If I had this car I think the only thing I’m missing is the correct switches but whatever I needed that I didn’t have I would just get from Murray Park.

You can do that? Seriously!?! Where to start? I’ve got a 66 Newport coupe.
I absolutely can be done, but it is not a small project. I had a parts car to work from, so gathering all the parts was pretty easy. The biggest hassle is drilling the holes in the cowl and the doors to run the wiring. I couldn't see a way to do this without pulling both the doors & the front fenders, which is why my passenger door still has a crank window until I get to the next batch of body work. (not going to pull all that stuff twice If I don't have too)

The switches go in the same spot as the cranks, you just enlarge the round hole in the door panel to a square (or rectangle for the driver's door) There is a bezel that fastens to the door panel & the switches snap into that.

Somehow you have to run a power feed to a circuit breaker behind the driver's side kick panel. (I already had that as it feeds the convertible top motor. If you have power seats there might be the breaker for that? ) The wiring harness runs across the floor under the front seats to get to the passenger side, so those have to come out and the sill plates come off so you can get under the edges of the carpet.

On mine the crank regulators and the power regulators just swapped without needing to do anything different with the window frame or the rollers etc, but you would need to check the '66 parts book & FSM to double check that.

Back