NOT MINE 1966 Chrysler 300 4dr Hardtop - C$16,900 - Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, Canada

The Canadian-built ‘66 300 hardtop also used the ‘65 roof. I didn’t realize that all-original Canadian ‘66 engines were painted red. Blue secondary ignition wires are “all-original”? I doubt it. Great colors and condition. Too bad about the fire escapes.

When people say all original it is usually a given that maintenance items aren't original to the car, oil, air in the tires, spark plug wires come to mind.

When people say all original it is usually a given that maintenance items aren't original to the car, oil, air in the tires, spark plug wires come to mind.
Yeah, I know. I’m a very literal motherfucker! At least they could have used original-looking wires. To call something “all original” and then have something blatantly wrong makes me wonder what other meaningless words or phrases might be thrown in. I for one, am very tired of seeing “all original” cars that have been completely restored. I liked it when words had meaning. Nowadays, anything goes. Tell any lies you like and somebody will excuse you for it and justify it.

The Canadian-built ‘66 300 hardtop also used the ‘65 roof. I didn’t realize that all-original Canadian ‘66 engines were painted red.
That's because the '66 Windsor still used that roof. The US-built '66 300 got a 2-door hardtop roof that was unique to that car. It was used on some other C-bodies in '67. The non-fastback Fury if I recall correctly.

Yes B/RB engines made at the Windsor plant were painted red at that time, and the power steering pump and other brackets were also red. That is all factory-correct.

That's because the '66 Windsor still used that roof. The US-built '66 300 got a 2-door hardtop roof that was unique to that car. It was used on some other C-bodies in '67. The non-fastback Fury if I recall correctly.

Yes B/RB engines made at the Windsor plant were painted red at that time, and the power steering pump and other brackets were also red. That is all factory-correct.
Yes, I love the unique roof and it was available on the ‘67 Fury. I like it way better than the FasTop. Thanks for clarifying about the red engine and ps pump. I had no idea. I wouldn’t have been that surprised if you told me that the blue wires were original, either. Silly Canadians!

Yeah, I know. I’m a very literal motherfucker! At least they could have used original-looking wires. To call something “all original” and then have something blatantly wrong makes me wonder what other meaningless words or phrases might be thrown in. I for one, am very tired of seeing “all original” cars that have been completely restored. I liked it when words had meaning. Nowadays, anything goes. Tell any lies you like and somebody will excuse you for it and justify it.
Understood. It is a matter of perspective. A restored to original condition car is said by many to be all original. If one is that focused on a particular car than you better ask a lot of questions.

The Canadian-built ‘66 300 two-door hardtop also used the ‘65 roof. I didn’t realize that all-original Canadian ‘66 engines were painted red. Blue secondary ignition wires are “all-original”? I doubt it. Great colors and condition. Too bad about the fire escapes.
Well it is the 66 Windsor roof.

As seen by my 2 Canadian 300’s one Windsor version 1 300 sport
6A53F92E-C304-4416-94F5-C0E6BCB4602E.jpeg

Back