1966 Chrysler 300 park lamp bulb help

66chry300

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to change the park lamp bulbs on a 66 Chrysler 300 but it is damn near impossible! I brought the housing to 3 mechanics and they couldn't figure it out. It's difficult to push in the bulb and twist it at the same time with how deep the socket is in the housing. Do I replace the whole socket or is there some magic trick I can use to change them??? Thanks!!

I've never owned a '66 Chrysler, so I'm going to take a stab in the dark and suggest that a piece of rubber hose, slightly smaller than the diameter of the bulb could be pushed onto the bulb and turned to release the bulb.

If bulb breaks then grasp the base with needle nose pliers and get it out.

they may be rusted in place.

Hi, I am trying to change the park lamp bulbs on a 66 Chrysler 300 but it is damn near impossible! I brought the housing to 3 mechanics and they couldn't figure it out. It's difficult to push in the bulb and twist it at the same time with how deep the socket is in the housing. Do I replace the whole socket or is there some magic trick I can use to change them??? Thanks!!

I feel your pain. I have had good luck using this tool. Wrap some masking tape around / over the business end of the tool. It helps grab the bulb without breaking it:

wmr-w158c_xl.jpg

Agree with Bronze Turbine, soak it first. If you are replacing the bulb anyway, you can just break the glass then use a large Flat Blade Screwdriver inserted into the 'interior' of the bulb base and turn while pushing.

Back