1966 Chrysler 300 Push Rod

RKC

Reaction score
Regarding a 1966 Chrysler 300 with original front power disc brakes, 440 engine. Is the push rod that goes into the master cylinder from the power brake booster canister, adjustable? I don't have any air in the brake system and the pedal is solid, but it goes down farther than I think it should. The front brake calipers have been rebuilt and the pads are fine. The rear shoes are new and adjusted. Thanks!

Regarding a 1966 Chrysler 300 with original front power disc brakes, 440 engine. Is the push rod that goes into the master cylinder from the power brake booster canister, adjustable? I don't have any air in the brake system and the pedal is solid, but it goes down farther than I think it should. The front brake calipers have been rebuilt and the pads are fine. The rear shoes are new and adjusted. Thanks!
It is called a travel rod, and yes it is adjustable. Remove the master cylinder, there is an acorn nut on the end of the rod that can be turned in or out to adjust the length of the rod. You should have about 5/8" of free play in the pedal so adjust the rod until you get there.

Dave

Back