1966 Chrysler 300 Valuation

Early C Bodies - The Slab Side Years

1. Ripinator

Ripinator Old Man with a Hat

I don't think so. . . Here is a shot of the quarter window frame and glass I removed from my '66 convertible:

Old Quarter Window RH.jpg

Old Quarter Window RH Backside.jpg

2. Ripinator

Hey! I appreciate that advice. However, my window frame was cracked / broken, so even if I could have fixed the roller using your method, I had to replace the frame anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dodge

Dodge New Member

Ooh, ok. That is different from the bolt version. Is that roller held onto the frame using a E-retaining clip? Hard to tell from the picture. Thank you for showing your picture. I am dreading taking that window & frame out. It looks like a real pain in the butt!

4. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

Rip’s frame is from a convertible and quite different from ours. Our mechanism is different due to the length of the glass. It kinda pivots so the pointy end doesn’t hit the wheelwell as it goes down.
    When you’re ready to start this project do a search in these forums for “quarter window” or “window roller” replacement. I think I tried to document the re-install of my quarter window.
    Or just holler-out here. I remember the routine to re-install pretty well.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. Ripinator

I hear you, Dan. I hope, for Dodge's sake, his setup is like yours and not mine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

The 66 Chrysler FSM shows the exact same mechanism as mine for the 2 dr hdtps.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Michael E Mason

Michael E Mason New Member

When going to Carlisle, do you have to register to be in or do you just show up? I have a 66 Newport Convertible that I intend on bringing.

8. Big_John

Big_John Illegitimi non carborundum FCBO Gold Member

Easier to register in advance as you just put the sticker on the windshield and drive in and that's my recommendation. Drive in, park in the row (it's on the sticker) and then take a walk to get your goodie bag once you are comfortable.

But, you can just show up and register there. It will take longer and I have no idea of wait times etc.

Bring sunscreen, water, walking shoes and a lot of us bring pop up shade. Be sure to find out when our group pic is!

9. Dodge

Dodge New Member

First off, thank you so much @rapidtrans for sending me that roller, that was supper nice of you. I am so frustrated though with the USPS! So I went out to my mailbox to find the flat rate box wrapped in plastic with nothing but a photocopy letter attached that looked like it was typed on a typewriter back in the 80's that said, "The enclosed mail piece was damaged by mail processing equipment at the Columbia Processing and Distribution Center..." It went on to tell me that basically their sorter machine ate my part or lost it somehow and that they are sorry for my inconvenience. Can you believe that? No attempt to compensate me or nothing. I am going to call them asap and tell them how hard the contents are to come by and see if they will compensate me somehow but I doubt I'll get any satisfaction from them. It's just so frustrating. I guess I can understand that sometimes bad things happen and that in this case it's just my turn, but to send nothing more than a generic apology letter... such crap!!

I was just wondering if anybody else experienced this and what if anything I should do or can do at this point.

Thank you all.