For Sale 1966 Chrysler Imperial Crown--Less Than 27K DOCUMENTED Miles! WOW!! - $14000 (Prosser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1970cat

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
many pics-- follow link https://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/5126342295.html
00F0F_iJvDyFdJNYN_600x450.jpg

00a0a_4R4O0Dis8wV_600x450.jpg

00707_9sxfWm6ZRef_600x450.jpg

01313_izTGajaLwyX_600x450.jpg

00V0V_2Op1GFQfrDF_600x450.jpg

00S0S_39U9AmpyOA9_600x450.jpg

01111_9vkpyNOemCI_600x450.jpg

1966 Chrysler Imperial Crown
Less than 27K DOCUMENTED Original Miles
Bought from original family of owners (Grandfather, son, and granddaughter), so essentially a two owner car.
Many rare and unusual options including: Remote control right side mirror, emergency flashers, dual AM radio speakers with front-to-rear fade control, rear window defogger, glove box lock, trip odometer, tinted glass, power driver and passenger seats, power windows and locks, and dealer installed under-dash A/C unit with original paperwork (A/C unit was just converted to the newer R134A refrigerant and blows ice-cold!)
Included in the sale are interesting documents and artifacts: Original build sheet (very hard to come by), ownership history, original registrations from 1966-1974, original owner's manual, 1966 Chrysler Imperial Product Line brochure, and old state maps from the 50's & 60's.
Work just performed to get vehicle road worthy by professional repair shop: Pertronix electronic ignition conversion (keeps stock appearance), spark plugs and wires replaced using exact reproduction wire set, COMPLETE hydraulic brake system replacement (All wheel cylinders and master cylinder) including repacking the front wheel bearings, cooling system flush with thermostat replacement, exact reproduction voltage regulator with modern electronic internals installed, new fuel filter, chassis lubrication, replaced the drive belts, automatic transmission fluid flush, rear differential fluid service, top-engine cleaning service (removes any carbon build-up from the upper engine), and muffler and tail pipe replaced. In addition, the rear leaf-springs and rear shocks have also been replaced (the old springs were sagging slightly).
Interior is nearly flawless and completely original. It looks like it came off the show-room floor. The vinyl top is original and is in excellent shape. The paint is all original except for the passenger side. To our knowledge there has never been any body damage. We decided to repaint the passenger side due to a scratch that ran from the front fender to the front door, there was no body work done. The rest of the paint is original with minor flaws hear-and-there, but overall looks excellent. In addition, all chrome work is nearly flawless. This is a VERY NICE car!
Mechanically, nothing can really be said. It is the first year of the 440, and has an automatic transmission. It runs and drives perfectly. With less than 27K miles, there's not a lot to be wrong, and there isn't! The car has set for much of its life in a garage, and so when we purchased the car we were sure to go through all the fluids and rubber components, so all fluids and belts are new. It does not leak anything, and you can get in and drive wherever you want!
Extra parts that have been collected include: saving of the original plug wires, distributor rotor, upper and lower radiator hoses, leaf springs and shocks, we have the original keys and key ring, there are extra left and right side mirrors, right side taillight assembly, hood emblem, gas filler emblem, 1965 LeBaron floor mat, aftermarket floor mats, original floor mat, original spare tire, also included is a trunk full of miscellaneous parts and memorabilia that go with the vehicle,
The car was appraised in 2010 by R&R Sales in Richland for $19,500. The previous owner had the appraisal done, so I don't know any other details other than the paperwork was included with the car purchase. I just put in approximately $3,500 worth of work in the past several months. I have had some family issues come up and need to part with the car. I am asking $14,000, and am definitely open to offers. You will be getting a great car and a great piece of history. If interested, my friend, Eric is helping me out and selling the car for me. You can call him at work at show contact info or at home, show contact info

Gorgeous car! I like this one better than the gold coupe just posted.

Serious coin for a four-door; but boy, is that nice! Probably eastern WA from new, considering the add-on air conditioner.

Very nice! I see the DIN car stereo in the trunk- thank goodness they didn't hack the dash to install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back