WANTED 1966 Imperial washer bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
In 1966, the Imperial transitioned from a washer bag to a plastic washer reservoir. I'd like to find a reservoir! A good '64 or '65 washer bag with the fender bracket may be my only shot, but I'd really like the plastic reservoir. I do not need the washer motor. What do you have for sale???

I know that the same washer bottle is the same for both Imp and Chrysler New Yorker in 1967, but they started sharing more things then. If it's different for Imperial versus Chrysler in '66, it might be much harder to find. Good luck.

Ahh - I bet that's where my confusion stems from.

The 65-68 C body washer fluid reservoirs are in reproduction. 65-66 have a stand alone pump, and 67-68 has them integrated into the reservoir. Murray Park sells them for 67/68 on eBay under the name 59 Imperial.

You may find that the C body reservoir from 65-66 will use the same fastener spacing on your inner fender lip as the original, and will feed your stand alone pump if that's what you have.

I also bet that no one would know the difference, and if they did, they'd understand why.

New Windshield Washer Reservoir 1965-1966 Dodge Polara & Monaco | eBay

There are packages that include the pump too...

Windshield Washer Set for 1965-1966 MoPar C-Body | eBay

There is also this, which claims to be vehicle specific (so it probably uses the mounting hole spacing), but to my eyes doesn't look OEM...

1966 Chrysler Imperial Windshield Washer Tanks & Parts — CARID.com

Bob Hoffmeister at Imperial Heaven might be able to help you out with a used original, but I bet they'd be as crusty and cracked as I assume yours is...

The mounting ears for the Imperial are flush with the edge of the reservoir. The new unit shown has the ears set in roughly one inch. I have one of these and it wont work without some seriously creative mounting, and it doesn't look right at all.

The unit sold by car-id is not even remotely close, other than it holds window washer fluid. One of those "universal fit" parts that looks like crap on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back