For Sale 1966 Plymouth Fury $4000. Fairfield, CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-1

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. Looks worthy of further inquiries; motor size and pics? interior pics?
Price is negotiable.

1966 Plymouth Fury

"Selling my father's antique, classic car. This car was originally bought in the family from his grandfather. The car has been seen by a mechanic numerous times so I ensure you it's in working condition! He had it repainted as well. The only part that needs work is the interior seats and some rust on the outside that we could have fixed. So the price is negotiable... Text me with more questions ! This really is such a great, fun car to ride in."

IMG_9646.JPG

IMG_9647.JPG

IMG_9648.JPG

Last edited:
I do believe it is a 1965....
Not a '66......
Guess we really paid attention to dear ole Dad,, huh .....

If I were in the market, I'd certainly call. Catch 22 is that I generally do call on local cars but, being New England cars that have generally spent their whole lives here, that "some rust on the outside" this gentleman refers to winds up being just RUST. .. inside and out.
Upside I guess is that I don't see vinyl on that beautiful roofline so perhaps that's nicely intact?

Looks like a great car to start with. It is about an hour away from me. If someone was very seriously interested in the car I might be able to eyeball it next weekend.

Looks like a great car to start with. It is about an hour away from me. If someone was very seriously interested in the car I might be able to eyeball it next weekend.
Hey Bill, Thanks, good to know.
I just sent the owner an email requesting more photos and info.. I've really come to love the 2 door body styles for 1965 and 1966.. especially with fender skirts. It may be a stop I coordinate while driving GG home from Old Saybrook.. all depends on the timing. Either way I'll keep this forum/thread up to date on my findings.

looks good ... I was really set on a 1966 Newport.

but furys look good too. What do you think 66 Newport or Fury ?

Seller replied to my request for info and photos with, "here are the photos!" and a link to a photo storage on google.
As you'll see in these additional pics, the rear quarters and fender skirts have issues, which were covered at some point with a bad bondo and full paint job, or rust bubbles coming through post-paint. They didn't answer my questions about the trunk and floor boards, nor did they include photos of the engine.

I'm not in line for this particular car, but I do really love this model with the black interior/split bench.

IMG_9698.JPG

IMG_9699.JPG

IMG_9700.JPG

IMG_9701.JPG

IMG_9702.JPG

IMG_9703.JPG

IMG_9704.JPG

IMG_9705.JPG

IMG_9706.JPG

IMG_9707.JPG

Last edited:
Is it me, or does the rear bumper look lower on the left side, as if the right side is pushed in/up?

IMG_9697.JPG

And what sort of cozy surprise lurks under the blanky?

Interesting how some of the dash bezels, and the arm rests are white/body color, must have been a trim option. And emblems on door panels look like the Sport Fury color scheme.

Last edited:
And what sort of cozy surprise lurks under the blanky?

Interesting how some of the dash bezels, and the arm rests are white/body color, must have been a trim option. And emblems on door panels look like the Sport Fury color scheme.

I'm pretty sure those bezels we're supposed to be silver and that paint would wear off over time if aggressively cleaned (?) ... however it's also entirely possible that the car is a total mutt, hence the uneven wear between parts. The work to correct the rear quarter issues doesn't scream "I give all that much of a crap".

And almost certainly, whatever is under that drug rug on the front seat is not covered in much vinyl if any.

As usual, I'd so much rather see issues than see them poorly covered up.

I stand corrected. The body-color bezels, arm rests and other trim are all correct, as are the red, white and silver emblems on the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back