For Sale 1966 Plymouth Fury III 1-Owner 383 Hardtop & Orig Paperwork - $9500 (uniontown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

68PK21 440.6bbl

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not Mine. I'm seeing a boatload of these mid 60's Fury's. So much for being rare.
Looks good but text in this one kinda talks it too much up IMO.
As I was posting up the pics, think I've seen this one listed before.

1966 Plymouth Fury III 1-Owner 383 Hardtop & Orig Factory Paperwork

title status: clean

00z0z_jf4GLBkfqim_600x450.jpg

00X0X_h77RhclDYl6_600x450.jpg

00p0p_6TKYVvD3SHs_600x450.jpg

00202_8tep9s9h5rl_600x450.jpg

00m0m_2KtavjKjbgK_600x450.jpg

00p0p_jvwTNaqkZdp_600x450.jpg

00G0G_9UuQjIFe5H4_600x450.jpg

01616_8RFErNVy9cD_600x450.jpg

00w0w_f1HNiEHPt6X_600x450.jpg

00f0f_jl9eCLXyUdt_600x450.jpg

01313_6fC0n7rMxmu_600x450.jpg

00o0o_6n9Y8TzDFyW_600x450.jpg

00C0C_hRNBk8xX9p2_600x450.jpg

00X0X_lktqDZ4UBHt_600x450.jpg

00R0R_1C6NOQqEqz1_600x450.jpg

00n0n_jQolJ9qaKhV_600x450.jpg

Washer Tank looks nice!

00X0X_dvyda3xfBwA_600x450.jpg

00707_glfLfx84f0x_600x450.jpg

00404_dcxQhDNn0Ko_600x450.jpg

A gentleman by the name of William Adamson walked into the Max Goldman & Sons Plymouth Dealership in Brownsville, Pa on October 9, 1965 and bought this brand new 1966 Plymouth Furry III for $3,392.00. He faithfully maintained the car, always kept it clean and parked it in his garage. He was a good steward of his Plymouth and drove the car only 26,000 miles until his passing in 1980. His son inherited the Fury and continued to use and enjoy the car throughout the years until his untimely death. Recently his wife asked me to put the car up for sale for the first time and represent it for her.

This Plymouth Fury 4-door hardtop has the attractive & desirable color combination of a white body with a beautiful red interior. The body is clean & straight showing no signs of any previous damage or rust. The white paint is nice and shiny and is not stained, crazed or cracked. It was explained to me that the elderly, fussy owner had both sides of the car below the moldings repainted in the late 1970's because of some nicks & chips. The paint work was professionally done with the roof, hood and trunk areas being left as original. None of the glass or trim have any sanding scratches or signs of overspray. All of the trim is original with the exception of the side moldings & outside mirrors that were replaced when both sides were repainted.

All of the chrome including the bumpers, grille, tail lights, etc. are bright & shiny and in really nice survivor quality condition having no scratches, stains or pitting.

The clear window glass is in excellent condition and is original to the car. The door windows roll up & down easily and the doors, & trunk lid open, close & lock correctly with their original keys.

The beautiful red cloth & vinyl interior is stunning and in excellent condition having no rips, tears, burns, sun fade or staining. The dashboard and instrument panel look like new and the steering wheel & dashpad are perfect uncracked originals. The lights, signals, heater, wipers & horns are all in good working order but the AM Radio, clock & fuel gauge do not.

Underneath the hood is as nice & as clean as the rest of the car. This Fury III still retains it's original 383 4 bbl engine with a 3-speed automatic transmission. The engine sounds good, runs excellent & does not smoke, tick or knock and does not leak oil. The car runs straight and steers easily with it's factory power steering and rides on a set of older 15" radial white wall tires.

This automobile was recently serviced with all new fluids & filters, an electrical tune-up, fuel pump, re-cored original radiator, water hoses, master cylinder and a new battery.

Also note the very clean condition of the trunk showing the original gray & white spatter paint, floor mat & bumper jack.

My last photo shows the original paperwork that will go along with the sale of the car including: The original Sales Contract, Owners Manual Packet, Vehicle ID Card, Broadcast Sheet, Aluminum Certicard, and it's First Pa Registration Card.

This 1966 Plymouth Fury III has a clean, clear Pennsylvania title and is ready to be transferred. The cars condition reflects it 40,564 original miles.

If you are seriously interested and need to examine the vehicle you are more than welcome and I recommmend that you do so. The car is located in Hopwood, Pa. 15445. She is offering you a unique opportunity to buy a nice ready to ride & drive collector car with provenance for the right price. If you have been searching for this particular vehicle, I can't imagine finding one better. I'm sure you understand that you can not even begin to restore any car back to this condition for the $9,500 asking price.

If you need to speak with me concerning it's condition, or to view the vehicle or to make shipping arrangements please call (see ad) as I do not answer scammers emails or texts so CALL!

post id: 6440442738 posted: about 21 hours ago

Wth is going on with the side trim?
A little mish mash of Fury III and Sport Fury?
Wait. It's a Sport Fury III

00g0g_9uuqjife5h4_600x450-jpg.jpg

I'm not to familiar with these years. I was going to question the wheel covers & seats.
We see that the son did some engine dress up.

As noted, interior is not OEM..
Motor dress up stuff....
I am not aware of any wire wheel covers in 1966....
And "" original gray & white spatter paint, "",, umm I dunn think so....
All my 66's had body color wheel tubs....

The cosmetics on the car are all wrong but it could be a nice example if you are not hung up on correctness. A PA car merits very close inspection underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back