For Sale 1966 Sport Fury Black on Black Console Low Miles HOSE 14K

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-1

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine:

MOPAR CLASSIC MUSCLE

"Up for sale, a rare survivor (unmolested), 1966 Plymouth fury sport, numbers matching big block 383, console shift 727 auto transmission, factory working ac, bucket seats, All original !!!!!!! Comes with original MSRP window STICKER, original owners manual, all previous registrations, original certicard, this is a extremely rare find with these options. Only 2 owner. 42K ORIGINAL MILES"

IMG_9731.JPG

IMG_9732.JPG

IMG_9733.JPG

IMG_9734.JPG

IMG_9735.JPG

IMG_9736.JPG

IMG_9737.JPG

IMG_9738.JPG

IMG_9739.JPG

IMG_9740.JPG

Not sure if $14K is realistic, but it SEEMS quite nice, and not the most common set of options. Good thing about the factory AC, with black on black you'll need it.......

Seller just sent me these... is it bad photos or a bad paint job? Or both?

Look closely at the roof, and the bottom edge of the front bumper.

Also, said he mink oiled the interior... vinyl.. interesting.

IMG_9741.JPG

IMG_9742.JPG

IMG_9743.JPG

IMG_9744.JPG

IMG_9745.JPG

IMG_9746.JPG

IMG_9747.JPG

IMG_9748.JPG

IMG_9749.JPG

IMG_9750.JPG

Appears to be the cup he used to pour the 5 gallons of detail on engine.

DETAIL.CUP.jpg

I see plenty of these years cars from nice and reasonable to stupid $$$ to hopped up to the max/$$$

I don'kno whats so rare 'bout them.

I don't think a car with a failing repaint is ever going to bring that type of a price. Guessing something more like $7,500to $8500 if that is documented miles on the car. Mink oil on vinyl is going to be nasty in hot weather.

Dave

Last edited:
I'm not an expert, but I'm only seeing 2 visible options on this car - 383 and AC. All the rest is standard SF fare. The window sticker pretty much confirms that.

As it's overpriced, I feel OK to pick a little.
Front bumper badly bent in middle, and bent upward at drivers fender.
I think back bumper might be boogered above the license plate maybe.
Driver seat torn above adjuster handle.
Radio has the wrong knobs.
HVAC control missing the knob on the slider.
HVAC control and rest of dash trim look plain nasty for a $14k car.
Driver's window has a sag.
And the paintjob already mentioned.

The odometer looks legitimate for 42k miles - but I'd bet it's from a different car. I'd want to really review all that documentation on the '2 owners'.

I'm not an expert, but I'm only seeing 2 visible options on this car - 383 and AC. All the rest is standard SF fare. The window sticker pretty much confirms that.

The odometer looks legitimate for 42k miles - but I'd bet it's from a different car. I'd want to really review all that documentation on the '2 owners'.
You're not picking my friend. Thanks for your observations. It all adds up to a giant BEWARE.

Its good to have comments like yours, I once imported into Australia a '79 Lincoln mk 5 with 14,000 miles that turned out to probably be 114,000. Can never be too careful.

You're not picking my friend. Thanks for your observations. It all adds up to a giant BEWARE.

Its good to have comments like yours, I once imported into Australia a '79 Lincoln mk 5 with 14,000 miles that turned out to probably be 114,000. Can never be too careful.
An eye for such details is a blessing and a curse. :( Maybe I should hire out as an online vehicle inspector...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back