WANTED 1966 Sport Fury Tail light lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a little trick I learned when I was looking for tail light and back-up lenses. I was able to always find many cracked but not perfect/good lenses during my restoration project but I learned how to mend plastics from working with plexiglass.

If the lenses are cracked, or even broke for that matter but complete, clean them very well, let them dry thoroughly and using a syringe, can't buy them at a drug store but on e-bay and Amazon, inject "WELD-ON #3 into the cracks. It literally "welds" the crack together to the point you can't even see it (chemical reaction). Use a little masking tape if necessary to protect required areas because the WELD-ON is very thin but, not so much a problem. Amazing result.

I have attached pictures of a back up lens that I bought for a song because it was broken and cracked and repaired, There are still some telltale cracks but these can be repaired with a second application but not how the broken part of the lens was repaired. Now that I have learned that trick, I will NEVER, EVER pass up a cracked or broken lens that can be repaired by this method if I can negotiate a good price because of the break/crack. Just a thought!

Back Up #1.jpg

Back Up Lense #2.jpg

I’m in need of inside, right rear red plastic lense. The frame is good. Plus, I would like to keep some decent replacements on hand. Thanks.
gotcha, Yea I have a set of those too but like you I'm holding onto a set of both. Just had an extra pair of the outer ones

I finally took a look today. I have a set of lenses on a trunk lid that I have. They need to be cleaned (which I can do), but it appears both red lenses and one back-up lens are uncracked. The other back-up lens (passenger side) has a minor crack along the top edge. I'd prefer to sell the lenses with the housings/inserts as complete units. If you're interested, send me a PM.

The entire trunk lid, the lock and Fury III emblem are also available for anyone else looking. It seems to me that the trunk lid is pretty solid, but I would check that again to be sure. I also have some dash parts, grill, and exterior trim for a '66 Fury.

20230401_132157 (1).jpg
20230401_132201.jpg

20230401_132216.jpg

20230401_132225 (1).jpg

I finally took a look today. I have a set of lenses on a trunk lid that I have. They need to be cleaned (which I can do), but it appears both red lenses and one back-up lens are uncracked. The other back-up lens (passenger side) has a minor crack along the top edge. I'd prefer to sell the lenses with the housings/inserts as complete units. If you're interested, send me a PM.

The entire trunk lid, the lock and Fury III emblem are also available for anyone else looking. It seems to me that the trunk lid is pretty solid, but I would check that again to be sure. I also have some dash parts, grill, and exterior trim for a '66 Fury.

View attachment 589738View attachment 589740
View attachment 589741
View attachment 589744

View attachment 589738View attachment 589740
View attachment 589741
View attachment 589744
Please break down your price offerings for me. Thanks.
have these:
2585031 right tail light lens NOS
2582132 right tail light lens NOS
2585133 left tail lens NOS with chips on outer edge

Driver side housing & lenses = $80 + shipping.
Passenger side housing & lenses = $70 + shipping.
Or, both assemblies for $135 + shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back