WANTED 1967-68 Chrysler AM/FM Radio Dash Bezel w/ A/C

Status
Not open for further replies.

EurekaSevven

Reaction score
Contact seller
Recently secured an AM/FM radio from a user here from his parts car. I'm perfectly happy with the purchase, but then noticed that since his was from a 300, not only is the radio part of the bezel different, it also has no A/C vents as it was a no A/C car - and it doesn't look like you can easily switch out the bottom metal plates either.

So if anyone has a 67 or 68 Chrysler AM/FM dash bezel with the AC vents in this style:
radio-front-bezel-medium-jpg.jpg

Please shoot a message here or in my DMs.

The OTHER thing is that the overlay on the basic bezel is specific to the model it was designed for. As the Newports are generally a silver/gray color, 300s are "Engine Turned", and New Yorkers have a wood-look. I was thinking that the a/c vents or block-off plate was a seperate item that was attached to the basic bezel?

Get the foot switch and wiring?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

As far as I can tell no, the A/C vent/AC delete part of the bezel are separate pieces. But with that radio anyways, the openings for the knobs are different than the normal AM radio thumb-wheels, such as is currently in my Newport right now.

I didn't even think about the foot switch. My Newport with the AM doesn't have it. Was that AM/FM specific? Or an option?
That said though, I may be wrong about the dash bezel overlays - I can't find a good enough picture of it anywhere. But it looks like one solid piece.

The foot switch is for the search tuner function. Goes near the dimmer switch, which means an extra hole in the carpet (with a grommet around it).

The overlay goes on top of the basic bezel structure. Holes and such for the particular radio model. The overlay is one piece, but the structure it goes onto and the a.c vents are two separate but attached pieces, IIRC.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Interesting. See, that does make sense, but I also wasn't entirely sure, and I even tried checking the 68 parts catalog to see if they had a disassembled view of the dash bezel (they didn't).

So based on what you said, the radio overlay (for the knobs and selectors), and the (non)/AC vents are separate pieces, that bolt onto one main piece. Well, now I feel silly for making this thread, lol. But very good information!

If that's the case, then interchanging the parts I need shouldn't be a big issue.

The foot switch is for the search tuner function. Goes near the dimmer switch, which means an extra hole in the carpet (with a grommet around it).

The overlay goes on top of the basic bezel structure. Holes and such for the particular radio model. The overlay is one piece, but the structure it goes onto and the a.c vents are two separate but attached pieces, IIRC.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Not to hijack this thread but, did these radios come with the foot changer? I was aware the Imperial model radios did however did not know these did.

As far as I know, they did, as long as the factory radio was the Search Tune radio (made by Delco Radio, I believe). But the foot switch items probably don't need to be there for the radio-located Local-Distant buttons to work? AFAIK

That's quite the relief. I was not going to enjoy the search if they were different pieces.

Although for the 67 300, I did notice something else that another user pointed out - for the 300, it had a sort of "wood" trim going on in the dash bezel across from the gauges to the glove box, not in the NYer style but in a more fake-wood style. For 68, they flipped it around - so if I wanted to, I guess I could get a 67 300 dash and glove box door and make it complete the look, or just fabricate a piece with the knobs in the plain silver Newport style.

Don't forget the slight peak in the middle of the item, top to bottom.

Perhaps you could procure the standard AM/FM mono radio instead of the Delco stereo version? It was thumbwheel controlled and would bolt right in your dash, and your original bezel would go right back on. Just a thought

As it turns out, this would be a way easier fab than I thought.

So yes, this thread was unnecessary. The trim on the bezel pops out, and the non-vents are removable. However, what I was not expecting is the trim to be the same as my Newport! It's still the same silver/plain metal color as everything else, the only exception are the four holes (for where the other trim would go). I'm not sure how flush that would make it to my Newport, but if nothing else that makes the job way easier.

h4EvTMb.png

NYKHHlf.png

TZOoahB.png

Nf1kByF.png

0GtqO4N.png

YV0vAHf.png

RbYIyTn.png

I have a couple of '68 New Yorker radio/vent panel if you have a need. One is the standard woodgrain thumbwheel with the moveable vents, the other is a rare vent delete version. As mentioned, the panels will swap around, so, you can convert one with woodgrain to one without, and one with vents to one without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back