1967 Chrysler 300
1694089963411.png

1694089975384.png

1694089985747.png

1694089996542.png

1694090008087.png

1694090022809.png

1694090033800.png

No trade offers will be responded to. This is my 67 Chrysler 300, 440 727 console shift bucket seat car. It's a factory h51 air conditioning, purchased new in Statesville according to the warranty docs. It will need a trunk pan and some work on the lid however solid otherwise. I drive the car often to shows and have been on several day trips in it. It has new tires, fuel tank radiator and front brakes. This is an extremely good restoration starter or just take and cruise it the way it is. I'm somewhat negotiable on the price, I am starting a buisness and need to focus on that so my toys are going for now unfortunately. I will answer reasonable questions but I'm not spending hours taking pictures for people who will not show up. Come look and make an offer, I'm not negotiating over messages, I will gladly provide my phone number to talk about the car.

From the way the ad reads, it is literally a BaT and $100 bills you'll get a decent very desirable car.

Sure doesn't look like the carpet has been replaced anytime recently. Unless it was replaced very early in life my guess is it's original.

Might be an early build 67? My 66 has the same heel pads.
I've only seen them in the 65 300.

I thought it was a "L" feature, but I'm looking at the Hamtramck site and they show it in the 300 as well as the 300L. Looking at other cars, I don't see it.

My 300L is missing these and I'd like to find some. If the 300 has them, that increases the possibility of finding some.

1694112862203.png

300L

1694112888118.png

I've only seen them in the 65 300.

I thought it was a "L" feature, but I'm looking at the Hamtramck site and they show it in the 300 as well as the 300L. Looking at other cars, I don't see it.

My 300L is missing these and I'd like to find some. If the 300 has them, that increases the possibility of finding some.

View attachment 615587

300L

View attachment 615588
Nope, us common folk non-letter car owners got them too. There's a great article on the 300 Club website on how to salvage them and install on new carpet. As of a year ago when I moved from Black Canyon City, AZ, DVAP had a couple '65 300s in that yard (both L's I believe). Might be worth a phone call.

I can't imagine what any of them look like now.
Maybe a good upholstery guy can duplicate them.

Better than you'd imagine, Stan. In my sun-baked AZ car, they're still dark red and pliable. The stainless inserts do need polishing though. They're actually sewn into the carpet from the factory.

There's a great article on the 300 Club website on how to salvage them and install on new carpet.
Yes, I read that one.

L Carpet
Better than you'd imagine, Stan. In my sun-baked AZ car, they're still dark red and pliable. The stainless inserts do need polishing though. They're actually sewn into the carpet from the factory.

The article says aluminum, but I'd say it makes more sense if they are stainless steel.

I haven't done any research on these, but if the vinyl mat could be duplicated, I'll bet the stainless strips are probably an easy thing to duplicate.

Of course, then I toss my nice carpet mats on top of them... So no one can see them anyway... Sigh...

How did yours turn out anyway?
1694126402479.png

I bought 6 heel plates.

Above is the a "65 Newp coupe. This is the original picture .. not the "after" shot.

We took seats/carpet out to check metal ... very solid. the heel plates both were very intact, however both were very dirty. cleaned up nice, firm (factory sewn) attachment to the carpet.

The carpet did NOT clean up as well as I would like though.

It was not "threadbare" anywhere but the brown-orange color did not come out. It' looks like "rust" (e.g., next to the console on pass. side, by the light), but it does NOT go through to the underside of the carpet. :realcrazy:

I have been thinking about carpet dye .. we color matched UNDER the seats, but have NOT tried to re-color.

That tends to make the fabric "wiry" and "stiff" so I am resisting. I have one more shot at cleaning, but there are some sun fading/wear patterns that I wanna address with re-color or replacement.

Long story short so far so good. I have a stash of heel plates on the shelf for future usage.

I am certain an adhesive attachment of the heel plate to an aftermarket replacement will be a technique I will use on another car.

Last edited:
This looks like a lot of car for the money. Good one to preserve and perk up.
Says new front brakes - I wonder if it's Budds, or later discs, or drums? The Bendix dual-diaphragm and wheel covers suggest a Budd disc car, but either of those things could've been swapped in during the car's life.

I've never noticed the heel plates on a 67 before, but I'm not an expert.
Looks like the heel plates in this car have a bit of 'typical' heel pad underneath?
My 300L does not, it has only the heel plate, which is 2-3" shy of the gas pedal, same general location as shown in this car.
1694392412123.png

And this is why you don't put large-dia tires on a C without whitewalls (or RWL).
They'll look like truck tires.

1694391943073.png

I was thinking about where I could find that extruded aluminum.

Sitting in the waiting room of the doc's the other day, I happened to look at the trim around the desk where the receptionist sat and it was just about identical. I really wanted to take some close up pics and measure it, but I decided they would probably frown on that and then they called me in before I changed my mind.

Steele Rubber used to have a heel pad with a Chrysler script across it that I always thought would be nice. I've looked for them, thinking it would be a good addition to sew to my carpet floor mat but they don't seem to have them anymore.

i haven't seen anything similar to what you describe.

despite my advanced age, I relatively new to "slabbies" other than'67-'68 Imperials .... so not versed in the finer points/details and learning stuff all the time

if you don't mind, if you run across script in aluminum, "Chrysler" mats, post up the source? thanks in advance.

:thumbsup:

Back