1967 Chrysler Newport Restoration

jneil92

Reaction score
I have a 1967 Chrysler Newport 4 door hardtop sedan that I'm working on. When I bought the car the front bumper was slightly dented, the rear bumper had all its chrome stripped or painted, the rear quarters had small amounts of rust above the fender skirts, and as of recently someone decided to hit my passenger fender and ruin it. SO that being said my question is, what all cars and year ranges can I pull these parts from to use on my car? I need the front and rear bumpers (atleast rear), rear quarters, and front passenger fender. It has been impossible for me to find another 67 Newport (that isn't out of state) for parts so I'm looking at all possibilities. I recently found a 1967 Chrysler New Yorker 4 door hardtop sedan that has all the parts I need but I don't want to make the trip to check it out if none of them will fit my car.
Any input would be greatly appreciated,
Alex

Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

X2 from SD...

The fenders will interchange from any '67 Chrysler, but the New Yorker had a different pot metal extension, and the 300 and Newport had a cornering light option that you will have to take into consideration.

When searching for parts note that the hardtops have no full height post connecting to the roof and no frame around the windows like the sedans, so the doors, glass etc. will be different. Many people think that a vinyl top plays a part in the designation, but it doesn't.

Here's an example of a '67 and a '73 4dr hardtop...

67 300 (5).jpg

I am parting out a '67 Newport 4dr sdn this week, the fenders and deck lid are spoken for, but I have (2) '67 300 front clips. One is complete, very nice and has cornering lights

Here is the other...

.67 300 frt clip (1).jpg

67 300 frt clip (5).jpg

67 300 (5).jpg

67 300 frt clip (1).jpg

67 300 frt clip (5).jpg

Last edited:
Newport Fender clips

Hi has2bmopar,
My uncle is helping me fix my 67 newport convertible. We have fenders but the front parts of them (clips?) are damaged and out of alignment with the rest of the front and the rest of the fenders. Mine had the cornering light option but it is missing from the right side. Would you sell these clips you have? Is that the correct name for the part I'm looking for? Is it ok to sell parts to other people on this site?
Thanks!
danakris

X2 from SD...

The fenders will interchange from any '67 Chrysler, but the New Yorker had a different pot metal extension, and the 300 and Newport had a cornering light option that you will have to take into consideration.

When searching for parts note that the hardtops have no full height post connecting to the roof and no frame around the windows like the sedans, so the doors, glass etc. will be different. Many people think that a vinyl top plays a part in the designation, but it doesn't.

Here's an example of a '67 and a '73 4dr hardtop...

View attachment 15354

I am parting out a '67 Newport 4dr sdn this week, the fenders and deck lid are spoken for, but I have (2) '67 300 front clips. One is complete, very nice and has cornering lights

Here is the other...

.View attachment 15355

View attachment 15356

Welcome to the forum! !

Hi has2bmopar,
My uncle is helping me fix my 67 newport convertible. We have fenders but the front parts of them (clips?) are damaged and out of alignment with the rest of the front and the rest of the fenders. Mine had the cornering light option but it is missing from the right side. Would you sell these clips you have? Is that the correct name for the part I'm looking for? Is it ok to sell parts to other people on this site?
Thanks!
danakris

Back