NOT MINE 1967 Imperial in Illinois $13,500

march

Reaction score
The photos look very good, although one has it stored outdoors under a tarp?
1967 Chrysler Imperial Sedan 4D

I found this in the AACA forums where they mention that it's been for sale for 3 years, and is overpriced, but no one indicates that they've actually seen the car. -I thought this group picked things apart. I guess we've been beat.

"1967 Chrysler Imperial Crown sedan True Survivor. 86,100 Original Miles, V8 - 440 Engine. Complete rebuilt This Imperial is in good operational order. Every system is gone thru and renewed. Drive it coast to coast with confidence. Garage kept since new. The engine runs strong . This is one of those cars you would assume to be worse at inspection, its not. Even the weather strip is NOS. Turbine Bronze original paint Black Leather and top. Color made famous by the 1963 Turbine jet car. This is an amazing survivor that has been completely mechanically rebuilt. Drive coast to coast. Bargain at his price since it has that much in mechanical alone. Or you can buy one that needs restoration for about 12,000 elsewhere. Half the price of a continental, minus suicide its just as good or better. Under the hood looks like a 3 year old car. No late model trades or offers please. Wishy washy buyers stop wasting your time. Not motivated to sell. Worth more the longer it dose not sell."
_nc_ohc=Wq1SRVJExFIAX-aXt9S&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=mEagYZ2mt2gAX9HwtZs&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=0ZCRqNHgeUQAX8CUJyl&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=aRF1vZPlGC0AX9q1u0N&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=XEpX66PDBcUAX-ezRej&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=ynfvgka7ddkAX_5EmJF&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=j3i3VmiJ2lYAX9_a0zZ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=cRkESZSqysEAX9QeM4L&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=U3uHFdhaUgQAX8uKB8P&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=HVuHLvguInoAX9B_Gd2&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=j3i3VmiJ2lYAX9_a0zZ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

Last edited:
Are those the original floor mats?
I’m going to say no. At least I’ve never seen any like it. I wonder if this car gets to enjoy any time inside.

floor mats at that tme did not look like what I saw in the car Factory mats were typically rubber faced with no carpet or added goodies until at least the early 1970's. I think factory mats in my grandparents 72 Imperial were still all rubber

I’m going to say no. At least I’ve never seen any like it. I wonder if this car gets to enjoy any time inside.
If this one weren't Turbine Bronze it wouldn't taunt me so much....... I have the same worry that it always seems to be outside, and wet............. it was on that website in North Dakota a few years ago, then crops up on FBMarketplace, my least favorite place to look for a car.......

then again.... .while this car seems to get listed a lot, it is usually with the same pictures........

Shame the potentially good car sits out (we assume). It likely will fade away to nothing before it is then purchased after it is too late to save it in its current condition Turbine Bronze is a plus.

From growing up around my grandfather's dealership, I don't recall when Chrysler and other manufacturers switched to offering upgraded (carpet inserts for example) floor mats. The type in the 1972 Imperial were simply thin rubber mats with a few ribs on them running from front to back. They were color keyed to the carpet in the cars. Nothing fancy, The factory mats in the nearly new 1979 Olds 98 Regency I purchased last month were still thin rubber with GM designation in the middle of the various flat areas

Hopefully this car isn't always stored outdoors under a tarp......... otherwise than occasional strange postings fishing for its current value, it's hard to tell. Those floor mats look nice "from here" but are not original.

Back