SOLD 1967 New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great pics. How's the trunk, floor pan's, back window? What's with the ratchet strap in the back. What rust i see now is ok,but that usually means more. Any luck getting her running?

Don't know about the trunk yet. Hadn't thought of it, but somebody suggested pulling the glovebox lock to get a trunk key. Lock shop was closed, I'll take it in Monday. One of the rear doors must have defective latch issue of some sort. Front doors work fine. Hood opens and closes well. Nothing happened when I turned the key and I didn't have what I needed to get it up high enough to crawl underneath with jumper cables. I'm assuming power to the larger post and jump across from the little one?

915 heads were 1967 only on 440 engines/ Hp had bigger valves. many HP cars had the small valves, as chrysler ran out of the the larger valves, and did not tell people they discontinued the large valve heads. they lied, surprise surprise! I have a good friend with an original 1967 440hp charger, and when the heads came off, there you go!
The fun part is there was no difference in performance. By the way, the small valve heads had a K stamped on the head, the HP had an L. Just like the VIN in 1967 in the full size mopars contrasting the single exhaust 440 from the 67 440 HP engine I have for the GTX.
also, Premium octane (ethyl)was 98-104 in 1967. pink as can be, and smelled like it.
what a memory!

Last edited:
I did find the trunk key.
BTW, Making a key from the glovebox lock does not make for a trunk key. Turns out a glovebox key has 4 tumblers, the trunk lock has 6.

Anyway, I didn't dig under all of the original carpet, but the right side and wheel well are solid.

Both bumpers have scrapes on the right, outer side. They can be seen in the photos, but might be mistaken for reflections of grass.

I hooked my Outboard motor tank to the carb and gas came out when I worked the throttle shaft. Put a battery in it and when I turned the key nothing happened. I know it had power as the turn signal was working. Never had a problem with any Mopars I was around, so I had always thought the relay was right on the odd starter they have. I couldn't get under the car to put power to the starter with jumper cables as the property owner does not want anybody under cars. Can't argue, it's his place. Now, I've learned they have a relay on the fender.

I'll get photos of the trunk on Friday, and also try jumping the relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back