:BangHead:
BOAT FOR SALE - 1967 CHRYSLER POLARA 185 - $500

00I0I_38xawXUTZCq_600x450.jpg
00L0L_1FRelBgb3WH_600x450.jpg
00T0T_eIlNeyd31Pj_600x450.jpg
00909_2VIjr12Lpxb_600x450.jpg
00h0h_5vZA7cojpQW_600x450.jpg
00z0z_jK7MLoNVbQB_600x450.jpg

I HAVE A 1967 CHRYSLER POLARA 185 FOR SALE. THE BOAT IS IN VERY GOOD SHAPE EXCEPT FOR THE TRANSOM BOARD IN THE BACK. THIS IS ROTTED AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. THE MOTOR NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP. THE THROTTLE LINKAGE BETWEEN THE CARBS IS SEIZED. THE MOTOR RAN GREAT BEFORE BEING PARKED FOR THE LAST 13 YRS. THE MOTOR IS "NOT" SEIZED. YOU CAN TURN THE MOTOR OVER BY HAND AT THE CRANKSHAFT PULLEY. THE MOTOR IS A VOLVO 4 CYLINDER 120 HP. PENTA OUTDRIVE.

I HAVE THE ORIGINAL CANOPY AND SIDE CURTAINS THAT GO WITH IT. ALSO A NEW MARINE RADIO, CUSHIONS,TOOL KIT, FLARE KIT, SIDE BUMPERS, LADDER, LARGE TOW BEHIND TUBE. SPARE PROP, ANCHOR.

THE TILT TRAILER IS IN GOOD SHAPE. I PUT NEW TIRES ON IT BEFORE I PARKED IT. THEY ARE NOT DRY ROTTED. I HAVE THE REGISTRATION FOR BOTH BOAT AND TRAILER.

Did he get the name wrong or was the Polara name used by Chrysler Marine? If correct the car/boat combo would be cool at a cruise night.

1969 Chrysler boats

According to Allpar, they used the name. . I really wanted that orange Chrysler boat that was in Maryland, listed on CL a few weeks back. That was cool , just a few weeks too late with disposal cash.

As a kid living on Lake Ontario there was a Charger with a 105 hp ob on the back that would routinely fly by our back yard with at most a couple feet of the back of the hull in the water. A fond memory for me. We had a more sedate 14' Traveler with a Evinrude 55 that I learned to slalom ski behind. At 18.5 ft the length would about match your car but it would be too small for off shore. It would only be more suitable as a lake boat.

Or a bay boat. I really liked that Charger, it was the right color too.

:BangHead:
BOAT FOR SALE - 1967 CHRYSLER POLARA 185 - $500

View attachment 135095View attachment 135096View attachment 135097View attachment 135098View attachment 135099View attachment 135100

I HAVE A 1967 CHRYSLER POLARA 185 FOR SALE. THE BOAT IS IN VERY GOOD SHAPE EXCEPT FOR THE TRANSOM BOARD IN THE BACK. THIS IS ROTTED AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. THE MOTOR NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP. THE THROTTLE LINKAGE BETWEEN THE CARBS IS SEIZED. THE MOTOR RAN GREAT BEFORE BEING PARKED FOR THE LAST 13 YRS. THE MOTOR IS "NOT" SEIZED. YOU CAN TURN THE MOTOR OVER BY HAND AT THE CRANKSHAFT PULLEY. THE MOTOR IS A VOLVO 4 CYLINDER 120 HP. PENTA OUTDRIVE.

I HAVE THE ORIGINAL CANOPY AND SIDE CURTAINS THAT GO WITH IT. ALSO A NEW MARINE RADIO, CUSHIONS,TOOL KIT, FLARE KIT, SIDE BUMPERS, LADDER, LARGE TOW BEHIND TUBE. SPARE PROP, ANCHOR.

THE TILT TRAILER IS IN GOOD SHAPE. I PUT NEW TIRES ON IT BEFORE I PARKED IT. THEY ARE NOT DRY ROTTED. I HAVE THE REGISTRATION FOR BOTH BOAT AND TRAILER.
That's a good price for a show prop... and the colors look good too... IDK how bad it would be to make fully functional though. Are you considering this one?

That's a good price for a show prop... and the colors look good too... IDK how bad it would be to make fully functional though. Are you considering this one?

No, if I were I wouldn't have posted it. When I do get one it will be a great looking start up and go boat. Show prop perhaps but I wanna run it a little to

I guess you did not have luck getting the boat being trailerd in the vintage pic of your car from the original owner?

I guess you did not have luck getting the boat being trailerd in the vintage pic of your car from the original owner?

No . As we know the owner died a couple months after telling me she would sell me her boat among other vintage items in her garage. I had searched the classifieds for months looking at boats for sale and estate sales. My daughter suggested I check tax records and perhaps houses for sale in that area. Bingo, her primary residence had already sold and the lake house was on the market. I contacted the realtor and The contents of the lake house was to go with the house. The boat had been sold a few weeks before my call. I still check the classifieds once a week or so.

20150708_132848.jpg
20150708_132712.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back