WANTED 1967 Sport Fury Fury III VIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Wheeler

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for tail trim parts for my 67 Sport Fury. I understand it shares a tail with the Fury III and the VIP. Only seeking parts in show condition, or something close to it.

Went through the same deal over 20 years ago with my '67 and it was rough going then. The pot metal rear trim on these cars was not the best quality & even on my dry western car it was pitted. I was lucky enough to find 3 of the 5 pieces NOS but that's a virtual impossibility now. I had the other pieces rechromed & that's your best bet of you're looking for show quality. There are few places that do quality pot metal work, I used Paul's which is a short drive from me. In any event, it won't be cheap.

Thank you so much for the help, and it is great to hear from you. 80 degrees and sunny in Philly today, and I wish I had your drop top. I have been lucky enough to find some pieces for that tail, but others continue to elude me. The rear view of your car looks great. My biggest score was finding a nice set of vent windows, as mine had some rust on the chrome. I have a few other pieces lying around if you are ever looking for anything.

Hi Dan, thanks for compliments. Good parts are hard to find for these cars, one thing I regret is throwing a lot of fairly rare stuff away because it was a bit less than perfect. The plastic gaskets around the tail pieces are hard to find in decent shape, make sure you save those. One trim part that's usually pitted is the door handles, they are reproduced. Unfortunately I tossed the wheel trim moldings when I found them NOS, they are near impossible to find in any reasonable shape now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back