1968/300 convertible

dieseldust

Reaction score
Hello to all,,I just purchased a1968 Chrysler Convertible,needs alot of attention but it runs and drives needs a rad,wish me luck
IMG_20240401_200232.jpg
1000000995.png
1000000990.png

That is the ONLY Chrysler I've seen of that vintage with a continental kit. Have to walk over it to get to the big trunk those cars had! Never knew they existed! Has to be super-rare? Will limit driving only on level ground, too.

Underhood, just a lot of putting more-correct pieces on it. Might end up paining the air cleaner top?

Will be better when cleaned and spiffed, I suspect.

Great find!
CBODY67

That is the ONLY Chrysler I've seen of that vintage with a continental kit. Have to walk over it to get to the big trunk those cars had! Never knew they existed! Has to be super-rare? Will limit driving only on level ground, too.

Underhood, just a lot of putting more-correct pieces on it. Might end up paining the air cleaner top?

Will be better when cleaned and spiffed, I suspect.

Great find!
CBODY67
Thanks ,yes it' needs some cleaning up for sure,it's a big boat and the moorage is all paid ,the price was right

I wonder why the red motor? If it runs and drives thats always a plus. I agree the cont kit has to go! Love to see more pics, inside and out. Good luck!

Looks like disc brake master cylinder, might be hp exhaust manifold on left?, love to see the vin!

wonder why the red motor?
Late model motor, repainted cuz someone like red??
I see paint on the distributor, like there would never be......and that looks like an EGR valve too maybe?
Cool car, just toss all the aftermarket!!

i already posted about this car.

You are gonna need more than luck with this car, it is really rough.
Marko’s original post of this car on 3/10 shows detailed pics of the interior and under hood, showing some of the problems, (rusted floors, bondo, no 440, color change from green, disco style door panels) least of which is that continental kit which can be removed and trashed. It is a shame that with only 2161 of these great cars produced in 68, that someone tried to improve it in a ghetto sort of way. I am sure you have the talent and foresight to turn it into something great, or you wouldn’t have dove into this project. I look forward to you posting your progress.

Back