1968 300 Parts

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
doing the spring cleaning I ran across a bunch of parts i am pretty sure came from a 1968 300 we scrapped (I got whole car, no title, it as a toss in on a different deal - it had been liberated of its engine/trans already).

anyway, soon i am going to put a bunch of stuff on ebay (some good parts, others not not so good but somebody may find a use for) BUT i cannot confirm the trim parts from that car.

btw, The VIN was CM23K8C.

IMG_8301.JPG

IMG_8302.JPG

maybe one/some of you can help? I have numbered the parts in the pictures BELOW as 1 through 12.

items 1-3 i believe is rear window trim, items 4-5 front edge of C-pillars(?), items 6-8 no idea but there are a pair of them, and items 9-12 no idea but i only have ONE of each.

thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

IMG_8313-2.jpg

IMG_8314-2.jpg

IMG_8316-2.jpg

maybe this will help with the identification of 6-12 trim parts above?

it appears like 6 goes around cowl side of hood edge? 7 - lower mouldings at base of roof? 8 -?, 9-?, 10 and 12 MIGHT be a pair but dont know where they go, and 11 - driver quarter under the three hundred badge on roof?

a car much like mine was for sale ..same color too .. so that's where I got the photos thanks in any event.

1968 Chrysler 300 2 Door Hardtop 440 Floor Shift in in Melbourne, VIC

68 300 -1.jpg
68 300 -2.jpg

Last edited:
Is the body already gone?

yep, body is gone, except driver fender, floor pan from rear seat footwell through trunk, and doors (BUT the sheet metal bad - glass good though).

whatever is left are misc. parts -- are on ebay until gone. if you see something there you like, write me through FCBO.

thanks

I need the rear window trim. Got a link to the auction?

didnt put it up yet...still can't identify some of the stuff so i didn't try to figure out a price for the LOT.

but PM me with what you think is fair and I'd be glad to see if we can figure it out on the rear glass trim only?

if not, when it ALL goes on feebay I will post a link in the marketplace section. and then we can see what other folks think is fair price and go from there :)

thx!

a little help?

the metal part - i have both a RH and LH. what is it?

the other thing is glovebox. these things wear out or last forever?

IMG_8493.JPG
IMG_8494.JPG
IMG_8495.JPG

a little help?

the metal part - i have both a RH and LH. what is it?

the other thing is glovebox. these things wear out or last forever?

View attachment 74051 View attachment 74052 View attachment 74053

Those are mounted on the sail panel behind the trim and rearward of the rear side window. I think they were intended to protect the sail panel lights from moisture.

The glove box liner was one of the worst features of these cars. Not big enough and easy to hurt. They are reproduced, so yours may not have much value.

Hope the input helps.

John

doing the spring cleaning I ran across a bunch of parts i am pretty sure came from a 1968 300 we scrapped (I got whole car, no title, it as a toss in on a different deal - it had been liberated of its engine/trans already).

anyway, soon i am going to put a bunch of stuff on ebay (some good parts, others not not so good but somebody may find a use for) BUT i cannot confirm the trim parts from that car.

btw, The VIN was CM23K8C.

View attachment 73404
View attachment 73405

maybe one/some of you can help? I have numbered the parts in the pictures BELOW as 1 through 12.

items 1-3 i believe is rear window trim, items 4-5 front edge of C-pillars(?), items 6-8 no idea but there are a pair of them, and items 9-12 no idea but i only have ONE of each.

thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

View attachment 73401
View attachment 73402
View attachment 73403

#6 is the outside cowl trim for the bottom of the windshield.

#7 may be horizontal trim for bottom of vinyl top or two tone paint at C-pillar/sail panel.

#8-9 look like the top and side trim for the rest of the outside windshield.

Would need a closer pic of #10, 12 to figure them out.

Hope the input helos.

John

Just looked at my cars. I think 10-12 are the roof rail/rain gutter trim above side windows and or the A-pillar.

That might do it.

John

Glad to help.

Although I do now have a bald spot from scratching my head.

if youre still there, got an update for you?

here is closeup shot of 10, and 11. 12 is a mirror image of 10, so RH LH i guess.

10 is about 44 inches long, one end "finished" and other end OPEN with witness marks that meant it inserted into a comparable part.

11 is 27 inches long, one end is "finished", the other (curved side) end is OPEN as if a part slides INTO it.

10-12 are ALL 1/2 inch wide, beveled contours as if they are meant to be together. FAMILIAR?

IMG_8496.JPG

img_8316-2-jpg.73403

I am here.

By your measurements, the 44" piece is the main roof rail trim. It slides into the end of the 27" piece which is the A-pillar trim that runs from on top of the cowl trim at the fender to about 4" rearward of the top of the vent window frame.

Or short answer:

Definitely roof rail/ rain gutter trim.

As Mr. Underhill said in Fletch:

There, now I'm finished.

Back