For Sale 1968 Chrysler 300 2dr - 440 4bbl auto, very solid, good shape, runs well - POSS TRADE

Status
Not open for further replies.

barsteel

Reaction score
Contact seller
Will consider trades for a stick car, i.e. Dart GT/Sport Fury w/stick, or a Challenger. Can add cash on top for the right car, no problem.

1968 Chrysler 300 2dr - 440 4bbl, automatic. Odometer reads 73K miles, believed to be original. The engine is NOT the high perf version - the previous owner put the TNT plate on the air cleaner. Power steering and drum brakes. New in the past few months: Alternator, belts, hoses, aluminum radiator, heater control valve, Pertronix ignition, battery, plugs, wires, air filter, BF Goodrich tires on 15" Mopar police rims w/baby moons and beauty rings, stainless steel dual exhaust, carb rebuild, valve cover gaskets, power steering hoses, master cyl, brake lines, drums, all brake hardware, gas tank, and carpeting. Previous owner also had the rear end switched to 3.55 gears, and the rear end was rebuilt in the process.

Interior is in VERY nice shape - seats are not torn at all, headliner is perfect, dash is intact, door panels are nice.

Was an AC car, but the previous owner removed all of the AC components, and I do not have them.

Body is very solid, car has original paint. There are the following rust spots - around both corners of the rear window. It's not horrible, but will have to be addressed. Rear quarters have rust spots starting on the lower section behind the rear wheels, but there are no holes. The front hood lip will need attention, and the rear trunk lid has a rust spot on the pass side rear corner. There is some minor surface rust on the floors, NO heavy flaking or pitting.

Trunk, floors, rockers, and subframe are rock solid. I have a hoist so I can get pics of the underside if you'd like, just msg me.

The vinyl roof was shot, so the previous owner removed it. I have all the trim for the rear window.

Known defects - the brake pedal sometimes doesn't return on it's own. Power booster may have to be rebuilt. Amp gauge does not appear to work. Headlights work on high beams only, probably the dimmer switch, although I haven't had time to dig into it. Right hand signal does not work. Horn does not work because one of the terminals on the relay broke off. Some of the front marker lights don't work. The ignition key sometimes doesn't "catch", but it's never been a problem. Lastly, the speedometer gear was never changed to correct for the new rear end gears, so the speedo is WILDLY inaccurate, maybe 25mph fast.

Car is registered, insured, running and driving...Test drives for serious buyers not a problem.

Asking $5000. Car is in Stratford, CT

NO EMAILS / PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE

300-1.jpg

300-2.jpg

300-3.jpg

300-4.jpg

300-5.jpg

300-6.jpg

300-7.jpg

300-8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, I am a sucker for patina love the car Minus the wheels.

Fratzog - You're welcomed.

Someone come to see it and we'll talk.

I'm more of a stick guy than an automatic, so I'd consider a Dart GT with a stick in trade, or a Sport Fury with a stick...can add cash to the deal for the right car, no problem.

PM for the bottom line number if you're serious. Bring plates and you can drive it home...

Chris

The others won't believe what we saw This thread will be like a UFO or Sasquatch.

1968 Chrysler 300 2dr

440 4bbl, automatic. Odometer reads 73K miles, believed to be original. The engine is NOT the high perf version - the previous owner put the TNT plate on the air cleaner. Power steering and drum brakes. Replaced in the past few months: Belts, alternator, hoses, aluminum radiator, heater control valve, Pertronix ignition, battery, plugs, wires, air filter, BF Goodrich tires on 15" Mopar police rims w/baby moons and beauty rings, stainless steel dual exhaust, carb rebuild, valve cover gaskets, power steering hoses, master cyl, brake lines, drums, all brake hardware, gas tank, and carpeting. Previous owner also had the rear end switched to 3.55 gears.

Interior is VERY nice - seats are not torn at all, headliner is perfect, dash is intact, door panels are nice.

Previous owner removed the AC, and I don't have any of the parts.

Body is very solid, car has original paint. There are the following rust spots - around both corners of the rear window. It's not horrible, but will have to be addressed. Rear quarters have rust spots starting on the lower section behind the rear wheels, but there are no holes. The front hood lip will need attention, and the rear trunk lid has a rust spot on the pass side rear corner. There is some minor surface rust on the floors, NO heavy flaking or pitting.

Trunk, floors, rockers, and subframe are rock solid. I have a hoist so I can get pics of the underside if you'd like, just msg me.

The vinyl roof was shot, so the previous owner removed it. I have all the trim for the rear window.

Known defects - the brake pedal sometimes doesn't return on it's own. Power booster may have to be rebuilt. Amp gauge does not appear to work. Headlights work on high beams only, probably the dimmer switch, although I haven't had time to dig into it. Right hand signal does not work. Horn does not work because one of the terminals on the relay broke off. Some of the front marker lights don't work. The ignition key sometimes doesn't "catch", but it's never been a problem. Lastly, the speedometer gear was never changed to correct for the new rear end gears, so the speedo is WILDLY inaccurate, maybe 25mph fast.

Asking $5000. Car is in Stratford, CT

Will consider a trade for/towards another car - CAN ADD $$ ON TOP FOR THE RIGHT CAR - 2DR STICK CARS ONLY - NO AUTOMATICS - Dart GT, '54 Ford, Dodge Challenger, or ?? What have you got? No non-car trades...

There's a red Fury rag top sitting in the the back yard of a house (somewhere's about 109 Knowlton St, Stratford, CT https://www.google.com/maps/@41.188...4!1s4WujR43p1T-XsJqhd6NRTw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 ) that's about three blocks from where the photo's were taken ( Soundview Ave and Seymour st, Stratford, CT).

Monaco - I know about that car. My upholstery guy did the roof about 10 years ago, and it just sits. Don't know what the deal is with the car...maybe if you stopped by with some cash in hand the owner might let it go...

Chris

Monaco - I know about that car. My upholstery guy did the roof about 10 years ago, and it just sits. Don't know what the deal is with the car...maybe if you stopped by with some cash in hand the owner might let it go...

Chris

Yeah it's the only car (c-body) I saw when I lived there that always sat outside. Oh well good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back