SOLD 1968 Chrysler 300 convertable

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJR68

Reaction score
Contact seller
1968 Chrysler 300 Convertible 440 $9000
Custodian for eight years stored inside last four. Have it out and running. Have upgraded to electronic ignition, re-cored radiator, added electric fan and under dash gauges. Other work// Transmission rebuilt, replaced convertible top, steering box, fuel pump installed new shocks, Changed out to Holley carburetor, replaced dash amp gauge and dimmer switch. Much more work and parts than listed. The motor is a 440 dated 10.3.67 and runs great, battery and tires in excellent shape. This car has some rust, dings and scratches, park it anywhere with no worries. Has some floor board rot in front usual places. More information and pics upon request.Car is currently located in Stafford Va.

Overhead rear 2.jpg

Front woods.jpg

0[4].jpg

Fender tag.jpg

Interior.jpg

Pass side.jpg

Drivers door.jpg

Trunk.jpg

Sales tag.jpg

Under rear driver.jpg

The car looks like an interesting and viable project. Not too many BB ragtops around. I know you need to start somewhere but with the body work required your price may be optimistic. Thanks for posting it here.

The car looks like an interesting and viable project. Not too many BB ragtops around. I know you need to start somewhere but with the body work required your price may be optimistic. Thanks for posting it here.

I don't know that the car is that bad. The trunk floor looks mighty nice, and from what I can see from the underside picture, it looks OK too. Of course an in-person inspection of the floors, etc. may reveal ugliness, but I think $9K is a good place to start the haggling.

That car certainly has a stately presence. Looks like it should be in a motorcade, or better yet a parade with cheerleaders sitting on the tonneau .

And because of this, for about 2 seconds I considered thinking about another project. But I don't know any cheerleaders anymore. :(

Turbine Bronze Metallic is such a good looking color for these cars. There is just something about it that makes it pop. One of my favorite Chrysler Corp. colors.

I don't know that the car is that bad. The trunk floor looks mighty nice, and from what I can see from the underside picture, it looks OK too. Of course an in-person inspection of the floors, etc. may reveal ugliness, but I think $9K is a good place to start the haggling.
That car certainly has a stately presence. Looks like it should be in a motorcade, or better yet a parade with cheerleaders sitting on the tonneau .

And because of this, for about 2 seconds I considered thinking about another project. But I don't know any cheerleaders anymore. :(

Not that it matters, but at my age all the used to be hot cheerleaders look like Rosie O'Donnell or worse. Seeing something like that in a short skirt and spandex has kinda lost its appeal.

Dave

Prices are always negotiable, mostly want to find it a good home, have another project. Any input is welcome, would like to know how many of these where built, I'm stealing "viable project" for my next ad.

I just sent this thread to a few B and E pals of mine, and they're 1) licking their lips over the thought of bringing this beauty back to snuff, and 2) dreading the thought that you can't click a mouse to order panels and skins from AMD for this gorgeous giant.

Good luck on finding a good home for it. I know I've looked at your pics a dozen times as I lick my lips......nope, not gonna do it. :stop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back