For Sale 1968 Chrysler 300 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Ray's Alien

Reaction score
Contact seller
Up for sale is my Stepdad's 300. It is still titled in my Mom's name so it qualifies as a 1 owner.
Dad bought it new in '68 and always took care of it. It was parked in his building in '91 and I brought it home about 4 years ago and started on it. It has it's original paint, vinyl top and interior. It has a half dollar size rust spot inside the trunk lid under the Chrysler badge but is otherwise rust free.

Today the car is a solid driver and will make someone a great cruiser. My goal was to make it a safe driver while staying stock as possible. And yes, some of you gave me grief over the 14" whitewalls. :D

Here's what we did and I have a bag of receipts to prove it: New gas tank, rubber fuel lines, fuel pump, rebuilt Holley 650 4 barrel.
New battery, battery cable, plug wires, distributor, coil and plugs - It's still a single point car.

Radiator was re-cored keeping original appearance with new hoses.

It has new 14" tires and still sports the original hubcaps. It has a new master cylinder, drum cylinders and brake lines. It has new shocks on the front and rear with the rear being air.
It has new tie rods, bushings and upper and lower ball joints.

It has new duel exhaust and sounds stealthy. It has a new spare tire.

It has about 2 miles of new vacuum line. Except for the one that opens the trunk.

It has a new power steering pump, water pump, alternator and starter. AC is all there but doesn't work.

The 727 was just rebuilt by Transmissions to Go and the drive shaft was worked over by Drive Shafts unlimited.

Here is what isn't right: It currently has a smooth running 383/Holley in it. The headlight doors don't work but all the parts are there. The turn single on the left front fender doesn't blink, side markers aren't working. Gas gauge doesn't work but it does have a new sending unit. I've learned to love Chrysler method of grounding things! Not!! E brake not hooked up.

The interior is original so there are a couple of tears in the seats. The original carpet is badly worn.

Car is in Fredericktown, MO and I am asking $19,500 obo. No trades. If add is up car is available. Thanks for looking!

3001.jpg

3002.jpg

3003.jpg

3004.jpg

3005.jpg

3006.jpg

3007.jpg

3008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back