1968 Chrysler LIMOUSINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230786065490+&viewitem=#ht_855wt_1166

wit6ib.jpg

How cool is that! A limo that hauls ***! And a Mopar too!!!

:D:D:D:D

Thats neat...............if ever a 71 Polara limo shows its face I'll be in trouble.

I'm suprised since it was a factory built limo that it didn't come with a leather interior. I think it would of looked a lot better painted black or red.

I'm suprised since it was a factory built limo.

I will wager that his "Factory built" is really a conversion company like the Waldoch conversion vans.

First I do want to say that I do think it's cool before I list what's wrong with it.

I'll bet the VIN is a 4dr sdn Newport... CL41G8...
The rear seat looks like it is from a Formal generation Chrysler.
The rear tail panel says clearly... "I am a Newport"
The 383 says Newport.
The rear emblems and the sail panel emblems are all in incorrect locations.
The only New Yorker part that I see is the grille.
Eight doors for what porpose other than a simple way to take up space, without external body work?
I see a GM door handle inside and Lincoln? hubcaps, Ford? mirrors.

I believe if Chrysler built a limo, it would be an Imperial.... Hmmmmm sounds familiar....???

The body work is quite poor ahead of the driver's front wheel opening, and the repaint is dry.

"Factory built" seems to be intentionally misleading, but.... the car is cool.

Last edited:
I will wager that his "Factory built" is really a conversion company like the Waldoch conversion vans.

First I do want to say that I do think it's cool before I list what's wrong with it.

I'll bet the VIN is a 4dr sdn Newport... CL41G8...
The rear seat looks like it is from a Formal generation Chrysler.
The rear tail panel says clearly... "I am a Newport"
The 383 says Newport.
The rear emblems and the sail panel emblems are all in incorrect locations.
The only New Yorker part that I see is the grille.
Eight doors for what porpose other than a simple way to take up space, without external body work?
I see a GM door handle inside and Lincoln? hubcaps, Ford? mirrors.

I believe if Chrysler built a limo, it would be an Imperial.... Hmmmmm sounds familiar....???

The body work is quite poor ahead of the driver's front wheel opening, and the repaint is dry.

"Factory built" seems to be intentionally misleading, but.... the car is cool.

Very observant of you. Interesting car for sure. CL41G is a 4-door sedan Newport with a 383 2bbl.

From the added info in advert:

Q: please send me lots more photos as well. Was this coachbuilt in house? Is the interior re done? ekmcmullen@yahoo.comMay-06-12A: I'll get more pictures on sunday night. The car was built new at the Stageway Coach factory in Fort Smith, Arkansas, back in 1968. The original interior had 4 seats all facing forward. The interior was all black and still is ,but the back seats have been changed. I think the headliner has allways been white. Thanks, RC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back