For Sale 1968 chrysler newport 4 door sedan parting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbyrd

Reaction score
Contact seller
i have a 68 chrysler newport 4 door sedan i am parting out. no
engine/trans/radiator/center chunk. has tilt column, power seat frame that works
great, great grille, taillights, straight bumpers, rear bumper is above driver
quality.all good glass even a near perfect windshield.rusty/bondoed quarters and all interior soft parts are toast. great fenders,doors,hood,trunk,etc,etc. lots of great parts. clear title and vin. NOT selling whole car, sorry. message me here for a contact number and
with needs/ prices. car/parts are in henderson, kentucky 42420. rathere not ship but will at buyers expense. thanks.
0008.jpg

0008.jpg

Would love to hear what's next for the car.
This part always fascinates me.

Last edited:
What's lurking behind the Chrysler Looks interesting, too.

the car had some really good parts to donate, which those were kept and sold, like the tilt/telescopic steering column, and power seat. i personally kept the great running/shifting 2bbl 383 and 727, the fairly recent re-corred radiator, the hog-head from the rear axle (2.76 sure-grip 742 case) and all 4 wheels and the new tires that were on the front.
the body was not real bad rust wise, but, had alot of bondo'd up dents and crash damage on the rear quarters.
and to make matters worse, the interior was completely toast from age and the sun. i mean in all seriousness, someone might have wanted to save the car, but, who is really restoring 4 -door sedans? much less giving anything for them. i mean, there are hardcore, dyed in the wool, 4-door lovers out there, and even THEY won't pay anything for them, unless the car is almost free. lots here will deny that claim, but, facts are facts. again as you said commando1, no one steeped forward. so, what was left went on to do other things. on the bright side, i didn't shred it......

Steering column and steering wheel

the car had some really good parts to donate, which those were kept and sold, like the tilt/telescopic steering column, and power seat. i personally kept the great running/shifting 2bbl 383 and 727, the fairly recent re-corred radiator, the hog-head from the rear axle (2.76 sure-grip 742 case) and all 4 wheels and the new tires that were on the front.
the body was not real bad rust wise, but, had alot of bondo'd up dents and crash damage on the rear quarters.
and to make matters worse, the interior was completely toast from age and the sun. i mean in all seriousness, someone might have wanted to save the car, but, who is really restoring 4 -door sedans? much less giving anything for them. i mean, there are hardcore, dyed in the wool, 4-door lovers out there, and even THEY won't pay anything for them, unless the car is almost free. lots here will deny that claim, but, facts are facts. again as you said commando1, no one steeped forward. so, what was left went on to do other things. on the bright side, i didn't shred it......

Did you say you kept the steering column, if so what do you want for it--I am restoreing a 1968 4 door newport and want to change the steering column to tilt.
Thank You

"the car had some really good parts to donate, which those were kept and sold, like the tilt/telescopic steering column, and power seat".......as stated in my post above.thanks.

Hello,
68' Newport*** looking for rear lower quarters sheet metal / rear tail light housing that is the piece inside the trunk that both tail lights bolt into / Drivers side floor piece under seat with cross-member for weld in.
Thank you
Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back