1968 Plymouth Fury Features

In 1968 the Fury had a "lay down" hood ornament. I don't see it on the feature car. Perhaps the Sport Fury didn't use it?

They did use them. IIRC sometimes the prototype models used in the brochures and training films were missing a few small items that would be on the production models. The engine size callout was on the rear of the hood ornament, visible from the inside of the car. Very cool video. I liked the audio "beep" signaling when it was time to go to the next slide.

They did use them. IIRC sometimes the prototype models used in the brochures and training films were missing a few small items that would be on the production models. The engine size callout was on the rear of the hood ornament, visible from the inside of the car. Very cool video. I liked the audio "beep" signaling when it was time to go to the next slide.
I "googled" for photos and agree, it must have been the early one. I remember when the 68 went to "lay down" hood ornaments. My Dad always rented a Plymouth Fury for us to go on vacation. I always loved looking at the hood ornament when we drove. Although 68 is my favorite year Fury, I was disappointed that year lol.

In 1968 the Fury had a "lay down" hood ornament. I don't see it on the feature car. Perhaps the Sport Fury didn't use it?
My '68 Sport Fury was an early build car, August 11 1967 as I recall and it does not have a hood ornament and I purchased it from the original owner with original paint. It also does not have a 2 layer trunk lid, just the outer skin and a skeleton underneath and the recessed area of the trunk lid behind the finish panel was painted silver like a Fury II. I have never seen another '68 Fury with this type of trunk lid.

My '68 Sport Fury was an early build car, August 11 1967 as I recall and it does not have a hood ornament and I purchased it from the original owner with original paint. It also does not have a 2 layer trunk lid, just the outer skin and a skeleton underneath and the recessed area of the trunk lid behind the finish panel was painted silver like a Fury II. I have never seen another '68 Fury with this type of trunk lid.
Picture please.

Back