NOT MINE 1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4spd $20,000 Conway AR (FB)

68PK21 440.6bbl

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Another 4 speed, sigh, again no engine bay pictures.

1968 Plymouth Sport Fury $20,000 Conway AR

1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4spd $20,000 Conway AR.001.jpg
1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4spd $20,000 Conway AR.002.jpg
1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4spd $20,000 Conway AR.003.jpg
1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4spd $20,000 Conway AR.004.jpg
1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4spd $20,000 Conway AR.005.jpg
1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4spd $20,000 Conway AR.006.jpg
1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4spd $20,000 Conway AR.007.jpg
1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4spd $20,000 Conway AR.008.jpg
1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4spd $20,000 Conway AR.009.jpg
1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4spd $20,000 Conway AR.010.jpg

About This Vehicle

Driven 98,796 miles
Manual transmission
Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Green
Fuel type: Gasoline
This vehicle is paid off
Clean title
This vehicle has no significant damage or problems.

Seller's Description

1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 Commando V8 with factory 4 speed. Has a 4 barrel carburetor and MSD ignition. Original miles on car are 98,796 but motor has been completely over hauled and has less then 5 thousand miles. Transmission rebuilt and rear end has new bearings and seals.
Has New: fuel tank, tires, brakes, steering box, upper and lower A arm bushings and the full interior
Comes with; new truck pan, rear quarter panels and drivers side replacement taillight body and chrome
Extras included; door weatherstrip, roof rail weatherstrip, tail light gaskets, firewall clutch boat, body bumper kit for hood/doors/trunk and parts catalog.

Is that trunk pan NOS? The new quarters shown look like the junk C2C one's but the trunk floor looks good.

Cool, A/C too, guessing no PB by the pedal position. Interior looks great, original Inland shifter, AM/FM w/rear speaker good options. Like to see the fender tag.

Last edited:
Is that trunk pan NOS? The new quarters shown look like the junk C2C one's but the trunk floor looks good.
I don't thinks so as all the period year correct Mopar NOS panels have been painted grey that I have seen. The ribbing is different too. 1 widthwide rib vs 2 in the car picture, different year(?) different model to be hacked to fit? Who knows.

(edit) I kind of take the grey color back as this supposed NOS 1967 (full) quarter panel looks a little black'ish but I've seen grey fury one's but over the years who know what could have been done as I've seen supposed Cuda one's in red.

NOS 1967 Plymouth Fury Quarter panel NOS MOPAR - $100.a.jpg
NOS 1967 Plymouth Fury Quarter panel NOS MOPAR - $100.b.jpg
NOS 1967 Plymouth Fury Quarter panel NOS MOPAR - $100.d.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have the numbers but I'm sure rare. Now, rarity doesn't always equate to value but if you want a 4 speed C body? Eye of the beholder I guess, (I can attest, the condition of the seats is a big plus).

The rarity to me is that it's a Hardtop and not a Fastop as over a decade of searching for 1968 Furys mostly all I see are Fastops.

The rarity to me is that it's a Hardtop and not a Fastop as over a decade of searching for 1968 Furys mostly all I see are Fastops.

I never could get into the fastop cars. I'll probably get flak for this but that is the best looking roofline on a slab. Plymouth must have thought so as well since they borrowed it from the 66 Chryslers.

I don't have the numbers but I'm sure rare. Now, rarity doesn't always equate to value but if you want a 4 speed C body? Eye of the beholder I guess, (I can attest, the condition of the seats is a big plus).
The seats are Beautiful, in fact from what I can see all of the interior is nice.

I never could get into the fastop cars. I'll probably get flak for this but that is the best looking roofline on a slab. Plymouth must have thought so as well since they borrowed it from the 66 Chryslers.
I won't give you any flak as I have 6 Fastop's but I also have hardtop's as well and I agree that the hardtop's look better.

WAY too much money vs the amount of work needed.
Although it looks like a fabulous starting point.

WAY too much money vs the amount of work needed.
Although it looks like a fabulous starting point.
Well yea it's a 4 speed, they are still out there and looking at the very moderate wear of the pedals and I believe the sellers honest opinion of the mileage, but without a picture of the engine bay I'll bet the motor needs to be completely gone through just to make it a decent driver as what is that I see by the parking brake release? A manual choke cable?

Definitely a go too looker and talk to the guy car but I'll bet he's got mucho coin already involved in it.

Well yea it's a 4 speed, they are still out there and looking at the very moderate wear of the pedals and I believe the sellers honest opinion of the mileage, but without a picture of the engine bay I'll bet the motor needs to be completely gone through just to make it a decent driver as what is that I see by the parking brake release? A manual choke cable?

Definitely a go too looker and talk to the guy car but I'll bet he's got mucho coin already involved in it.

FWIW, seller said "motor has been completely over hauled and has less then 5 thousand miles. Transmission rebuilt and rear end has new bearings and seals.
Has New: fuel tank, tires, brakes, steering box, upper and lower A arm bushings and the full interior"

The rust is mild (but it's there and must be dealt with). And it needs paint.
So it's $5000 away from being finished (minimum). Would it be worth ~$25k if it was shiny? I'm thinking not.
Or for me - drive and enjoy as-is. But $20k is a lot for a driver that has no shine.

Back