SOLD 1969-70 C body drum brake power booster almost new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
This is a replacement power booster pulled out of a 1970 Chrysler Newport that was too rusty to save. The power booster was in the car about a year. I would like $60 plus shipping for it.
Power booster.jpg

I think you will need to purchase a 71 to 73 disk brake power booster for your disks. But having said that, there may be clearance issues with such a booster as they are a larger diameter than this one. You may have to put a query out amongst the brethren to find a definitive answer.

I think you will need to purchase a 71 to 73 disk brake power booster for your disks. But having said that, there may be clearance issues with such a booster as they are a larger diameter than this one. You may have to put a query out amongst the brethren to find a definitive answer.

Ok Thank you, I hope someone sees this thread and can give a helpful answer

Wollfen, did that 70 Newport have disk brakes in the front?
No it did not. The reason I hesitate to say mine is best for the job is because the disk brake power boosters had a double diaphragm in them for more power and a light brake pedal. That doesn't mean mine won't work, it will. But with my power booster it will need you to apply more pressure with your foot if you use it. Also, if your car had no power booster before, you will need a power brake pedal as well as they are different too.

You will want to use the bendix double diaphragm unit for the disk brake conversion. Note that disk brake cars usually had larger spring wrapped tubing (to dissipate heat) for the front brakes. The master cylinders are also different. Your 66 probably does not have a split brake system and this would be a great time to upgrade. The 1970 disk brake master cylinder and portioning valve would be a good choice for this if you are planning to use single piston calipers (recommended).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back