WANTED 1969-73 CIL 2 Door, Front Door Glass Window Rear Channel Run Inner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD-body

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello,
1) WANTED : I need a “Divers Side Door Glass-Run Channel Guide” (also call “Window Glass Track or Rail Guide”) for a 1973 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, 2 door (Hardtop). Do you have one or do you know a source for a new or used part ? If someone has the part number that would be useful too ! (Mabe 3696744-5 ?)
2) WANTED : I also need both weatherstip (1969-73, Front Door Glass Window Rear Channel Run Inner, C-Body, 2 Door, # 2895409 NOS), new or in very good condition at a reasonable price.
TIP : theses parts are probably the same for several 2 door hardtop (and for the 2 door convertible) Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth (C-Bodies). Namely (to check) : Chrysler Imperial LeBaron; Chrysler Imperial Crown until 1970; Chrysler Newport; Chrysler New Yorker until 1972; Chrysler New Yorker Brougham until 1972; Chrysler 300; Chrysler 300 Hurst; Dodge Polara until 1972; Dodge Polara 500 until 1972; Dodge Monaco; Plymouth Fury I; Plymouth Fury II; Plymouth Fury III; Plymouth Sport Fury; Plymouth Sport Fury GT and Plymouth Fury Gran Coupe. I can give you an address in the neighboring town (Madawaska Maine) to save transportation costs.
Thank you for your attention and help !
D. Duval

I'm pretty sure this is what you are looking for for the front, this is not the cheapest just the first I found.
OEM Mopar Door Glass Run Vent Guide Weatherstrip Road Runner Coronet R/T GTX

The other may be available from Restoration Specialties
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc.

Good luck

Alan

Thank Alan for your answer (even if it's not the good part).
The restoration of our C-Bodies dependent highly on the assistance.
Thanks again.
DD

IMG_1696.JPG

Hi,
Interesting but it is not the part I need.
The restoration of our C-Bodies dependent highly on the assistance, so...
thank you very much!

I guess we need a better picture of the part, both of our responses were for the same part. The part we listed links for is a thin plastic channel flocked in fuzzy stuff, it includes a couple slides that pin through the glass. This part has changed through the years but the new one is fully functional, you do need to trim the ends to match your old one and punch the holes for the sliders.

2008-06-05_01.jpg

2008-06-05_03.jpg

This was the part made to fit my 67 Barracuda. If this still isn't the part needed then we need a better description of the part and its location. The rear channel run will need to be sourced from someone like Restoration Specialties.

I'll give my standard spiel, do not expect to open a catalog and fine the parts you need listed for your application, do not expect to find a website with parts listed for your application. This does not mean they are not available, it may take some research and digging, most cases you will need to call vendors and work with them on matching their inventory to your application. These are not E-Bodies and it just isn't worth their time to dedicate space in the catalogs or webpages

Alan

I guess we need a better picture of the part, both of our responses were for the same part. The part we listed links for is a thin plastic channel flocked in fuzzy stuff, it includes a couple slides that pin through the glass. This part has changed through the years but the new one is fully functional, you do need to trim the ends to match your old one and punch the holes for the sliders.

2008-06-05_01.jpg

2008-06-05_03.jpg

This was the part made to fit my 67 Barracuda. If this still isn't the part needed then we need a better description of the part and its location. The rear channel run will need to be sourced from someone like Restoration Specialties.

I'll give my standard spiel, do not expect to open a catalog and fine the parts you need listed for your application, do not expect to find a website with parts listed for your application. This does not mean they are not available, it may take some research and digging, most cases you will need to call vendors and work with them on matching their inventory to your application. These are not E-Bodies and it just isn't worth their time to dedicate space in the catalogs or webpages

Alan

Bonjour Alan,
Thank again for your answer. If I do not find the right window glass Channel w/ Braket (see exhibit 45 on the first pic) and the right RUN (see exhibit 24 and 25...), I will weld the bracket and use the plastic channel as you suggested or a Mohair Window Channel Liner for Rebuilding Window Guide Tracks (from Restoration Specialties & Supply or IH Parts America). I truly thank you for taking the time that you did to give me answers.
P.-S. First photo source (in part): 1973 Passenger car parts, loose leaf parts catalogue (final edition), p. 23-34.
DD

PARTSY.gif

$_31.JPG

Other cars I have worked on just had a channel type run in that rear bracket, maybe you could adapt something to work.
The inner and outer numbers are different, 2894802 and 2895409

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back