1969-74 South African Chrysler 383

Dirk I 100% agree with what LeBaron 1973 is saying. There are people who scour junkyards in the US who are C-body enthusiasts themselves and are reasonable in pricing. PayPal makes things like this possible if you are willing and able to use that service from SA. Just understand international shipping costs (and risk) will be at your expense, of course.

Would love to see a pic of the car you are trying to restore/maintain, here in this thread. And a list of what parts you are looking for. But yes, posting a Parts Wanted thread is the best way to go.
I will post a Pic the car is my late Dad's and has been standing in the garage on tresses for the last twenty years I've run it on occasion, it would be such a shame to scrap it if I can't get the main items.
The shipping is the biggest obstacle to address, I'm am thinking along the lines of using DHL as they are well represented here.
My biggest concern is getting taken for a ride, our exchange rate to the Dollar is quite something and to lose to someone you have no recourse to is a worry.

I would gladly assist any member....as long as it's a genuine factory built RHD, not one of those converted ones
Dirk I have worked with 70SportSuburban over the years as he has the connections to find all manner of parts. Message him and see if he’d be willing to ship to SA. Don’t want to see your C body scrapped! No sir!

Dirk I 100% agree with what LeBaron 1973 is saying. There are people who scour junkyards in the US who are C-body enthusiasts themselves and are reasonable in pricing. PayPal makes things like this possible if you are willing and able to use that service from SA. Just understand international shipping costs (and risk) will be at your expense, of course.

Would love to see a pic of the car you are trying to restore/maintain, here in this thread. And a list of what parts you are looking for. But yes, posting a Parts Wanted thread is the best way to go.

IMG_20210103_170658.jpg

IMG_20210103_170715.jpg

IMG_20210108_190221.jpg

A solid classic. What kind of parts are you looking for?
Thanks well the biggest one is front windshield and front/rear rubbers, windlace for inner door, and complete set of weatherstriping for all four doors windows plus the flocked rubber forwindow channeling on all doors.
There is obviously a lot more but those are essential before anything else can be looked at.

WS=windshield. That is going to be tough, especially overseas shipment. Ouch. Even in the US these are $500+, and can be hard to find - I own a 73 “fuselage” style C-body. I would be concerned about international shipment of glass.

For other items, have you tried Metro Moulded Parts?

WS=windshield. That is going to be tough, especially overseas shipment. Ouch. Even in the US these are $500+, and can be hard to find - I own a 73 “fuselage” style C-body. I would be concerned about international shipment of glass.

For other items, have you tried Metro Moulded Parts?
Managed to get a front windshield imported for $490 which is great considering its include duties and taxes

Managed to get a front windshield imported for $490 which is great considering its include duties and taxes
That is EXCELLENT. Congratulations, Dirk! Did it come from the US? I am curious to know where it was made...

I am happy for you. It's highly important to get access to parts! Forgot if I mentioned earlier, Metro Moulded out of Minnesota may have some items you need.

Metro Moulded Parts (metrommp.com)

Also, Steele Rubber products in Denver, North Carolina might have some, but they do not carry too much for C-bodies.

Keep us posted with your progress!!!

@QQE Quirley Quality Engineering has the cat whiskers for most as well as some good reproduction Chrysler licensed parts. Not sure of their shipping policies. They are a member here.
Here is one of their Catalogs.
image.jpg

@QQE Quirley Quality Engineering has the cat whiskers for most as well as some good reproduction Chrysler licensed parts. Not sure of their shipping policies. They are a member here.
Here is one of their Catalogs. View attachment 484175
Thanks a mil for the info I will contact them as to shipping FedEx head office in Durban is across the road from me so that's a huge bonus as that postal service here in SA is a shambles and almost zero chance the parts would arrive.

It is an attractive car. I like the styling of the seats as well. More of a driver oriented car.

Back