WANTED 1969 Cbody air cleaner base wanted suit Carter AVS + more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi guys,
Dales Chrysler 300 needs a couple of bits to complete it. He purchased a dual snorkel air cleaner awhile ago that is correct for a 1969 Cbody but the base is out of an earlier car that had an AFB Carter or similar. We are looking for the later wide mouth base that measures 5in across. The whole plate will be 17.5in wide.
Also we need an Oil breather cap to suit as well. Check the pics for reference, cheers.

DSCF4020.jpg
DSCF4021.jpg
DSCF4022.jpg
DSCF4019.jpg
DSCF4025.jpg

Good luck finding the base you need but I think there’s a typo. You need the base with six-inch opening, not five inch. I don’t think you’re going to find a better oil fill breather than the one in the pic.

Good luck finding the base you need but I think there’s a typo. You need the base with six-inch opening, not five inch. I don’t think you’re going to find a better oil fill breather than the one in the pic.
What do you suggest I put on the blue motor if I rob the breather out of that car?

For an incognito open element air cleaner, use the base from a '68 Road Runner -style air cleaner. Same filter, but it ends just outside of the filter, leaving "open air" between there and the air cleaner top. See how many people notice THAT!

CBODY67

Checked last night, aaaaand struck out. The base is the small one, and the oil cap was a chromie. Sorry boys.

For an incognito open element air cleaner, use the base from a '68 Road Runner -style air cleaner. Same filter, but it ends just outside of the filter, leaving "open air" between there and the air cleaner top. See how many people notice THAT!

CBODY67
I’ve also used the base from an el cheapo aftermarket air cleaner.

I may end up going this way.

I have the single snorkel base from my 70 that had the 4160 holley on it that I won't be using and a used oil breather possibly. Let me check the parts dept tonight.

I have the single snorkel base from my 70 that had the 4160 holley on it that I won't be using and a used oil breather possibly. Let me check the parts dept tonight.
Not sure this is what you are after:
1C7B8265-3F4F-4A52-9335-0ACA9159ED5F.jpeg
740CFAA5-5CA7-434D-AAFA-E23CCCE63CE4.jpeg
FF88DEBD-F0DA-4F8A-A0FC-DA3B3B3F4A07.jpeg
06294861-15D7-462B-9A94-7E1A49F29FFF.jpeg
C4472A11-8454-4248-9503-351452E16943.jpeg

F54DD715-E27B-4825-837B-8EAA8F91B07A.jpeg

Thanks for the effort, but the base I am looking for will be the same as the first pic in my posting but with that larger opening. It doesn't have the tub or snorkels on it. It is a different animal to the later air cleaners.

Ya I got to thinking that after I posted. Good luck on the search!

JJ300 is onto it, I believe.

The base you're looking for is for the 5-1/8" neck of an AVS or the spread-bore cabs of 71/72-newer.

For the base you're looking for, be aware there are a few different types, and you need to get the right one or your filter height won't match the parts books. Could maybe end up where the factory filter height doesn't seal, and lets unfiltered air into the carb?

Nick's garage talks bout this a little on the 67 440 dual-snorkel air cleaners, that both use the same filter, but I don't know that would hold true if base and top got mismatched.

From Nick's Garage - Air Cleaner Identification
67_440ds_11.jpg

68_383c_05.jpg

JJ300 is onto it, I believe.

The base you're looking for is for the 5-1/8" neck of an AVS or the spread-bore cabs of 71/72-newer.

For the base you're looking for, be aware there are a few different types, and you need to get the right one or your filter height won't match the parts books. Could maybe end up where the factory filter height doesn't seal, and lets unfiltered air into the carb?

Nick's garage talks bout this a little on the 67 440 dual-snorkel air cleaners, that both use the same filter, but I don't know that would hold true if base and top got mismatched.

From Nick's Garage - Air Cleaner Identification
View attachment 209327
View attachment 209328
Yup, I have the new base here now and I have run into a snag, the new bottom fouls the carb and coil, I am working on putting a custom made spacer in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back