NOT MINE 1969 Chrysler 300 Convertible - BaT Auction - Massapequa, New York

Oldsmobile wheels looked similar but the ones on this car are the Exeter wheels made by Motorwheel for the aftermarket. Like I said earlier, I had them on my avatar car at the left (enlarged below) when I put a set on in 1972 when I bought my car from a Chrysler dealer used car lot in Birmingham, Michigan. It had the plain stock wheel covers on it that didn't do it for me so I went for the Exeter style and I still have them. My avatar car now, though, has the stock road wheels on it.

As John said, GM wheels will not fit a Chrysler bolt pattern.

70 300 #1 (3) (1) (2).jpg

Lol I have some stock Chrysler rims I haven't decided what look I want yet. She is a driver not a show car she would need allot of work for a Carlisle show

View attachment 517012
"she would need allot of work for a Carlisle show"..... NAH! you can bring her as is!, as long as she'll make the trip, I say drive"em if you got'm, The way I look at it, Bring her as she is, then each year you bring her back you can show progress.. Thats just me.

Last edited:
"she would need allot of work for a Carlisle show"..... NAH! you can bring her as is!, as long as she'll make the trip, I say drive"em if you got'm, The way I look at it, Bring her as she is, then each year you bring her back you can show progress.. Thats just me.
That's more than just a average driver it's a pretty high quality car. Come on down and join the rest of the FCBO members and get to meet everyone who attends face to face. Most attendees in our category of fuselages are members on this site. We have a get together on Saturday mornings for a group photo which you'd be more than welcome to participate in. Not all cars are show quality but just really good drivers. You would fit right in.

in the fuselage category are members of our site

That's more than just a average driver it's a pretty high quality car. Come on down and join the rest of the FCBO members and get to meet everyone who attends face to face. Most attendees in our category of fuselages are members on this site. We have a get together on Saturday mornings for a group photo which you'd be more than welcome to participate in. Not all cars are show quality but just really good drivers. You would fit right in.

in the fuselage category are members of our site
Dave, I was speaking on his quote about the car needing work.. And inviting him to Carlisle, unless I misunderstood your response.

At the time of posting - Current Bid : $4,500 - Time left: 6 days

1969 Chrysler 300 Convertible - BaT Auction - Massapequa, New York

BaT Description
CM27K9C128689

This 1969 Chrysler 300 convertible is one of approximately 1,933 built for the model year and was purchased by the seller on BaT in June 2020. Finished in blue over black vinyl, the car is powered by a 440ci V8 mated to a three-speed automatic transmission and equipped with a power-operated convertible top, aftermarket 15″ wheels, and power windows. Work during current ownership has included rebuilding the carburetor, power steering pump, and steering box, along with replacing the shocks, leaf springs, thermostat, and fuel pump. This 300 Convertible is offered with a service manual, tonneau cover, car cover, and New York registration in the seller’s name.
The exterior is finished in blue and was repainted some time during previous ownership. Features include a replacement power-operated black soft top, chrome bumpers and badges, hide-away headlights, and fender-mounted turn signals. Paint cracking and rust is noted around the left rear wheel well, body filler is noted in the right quarter panel, and other imperfections include rust on the left inner trunk extension, a patch panel inside the left rear quarter panel, a dent in the left front fender, and various chips, scratches, and chrome pitting.
Aftermarket 15″ Motorwheel wheels wear 225/70 Grand Sport Radial G/T tires that show signs of cracking. The brake booster was reportedly rebuilt under prior ownership while the brake fluid was recently flushed. The suspension received replacement leaf springs along with bushings and shocks at all corners according to the seller, who notes the car is in need of an alignment. The power steering pump and steering box is also said to have also been overhauled during current ownership and replacement power steering hoses were installed.View attachment 455070 View attachment 455073 View attachment 455077 View attachment 455076 View attachment 455072 View attachment 455075 View attachment 455074 View attachment 455079 View attachment 455078 View attachment 455071
Is this still for sale?

Back