NOT MINE 1969 Chrysler 300 & Fury III Convertible barn finds, $1200-4500 Clinton, MI

The unibody can be used, if you mean floor pans, trunk and Dutch panel. Stub frames can be used, but have slight differences, the fuel line routing and the e brake mounting is different.

my guys picked it up. i made a bet they couldn't start it.

after 30 years in a garage UN moved/started, and an oil change, old sum-gun started off a gas can .. and ran for 5 minutes. badly (lotta black smoke, hesitation, etc.) but no unusual noises. no revving past couple thousand maybe. carb wasn't clearing up tho.

I was prepared for it to be seized but it wasnt. tranny in/out of rev and drive gears. no driving of course. I have hopes drive train is an easy rehab.

and three pleasant surprises. (1) 3.23 sure-grip, (2) hide-away headlight assembly still worked .. slow but after a couple open/close cycles, she was battin' her eyes pretty good, and (3) same with the top .. worked great. (video still with it fully retracted, deck lid is up).

thumbnail.jpg

Untitled.png

this is the last time it will be seen. 2-3 years from now, she goes to a better place so two (hopefully) of my other '69 verts can be brought back in a few years after that.

Last edited:
It appears I am about to stumble again. I own two Rolls Royces two Jaguars one Cadillac but when I came across the 1969 Chrysler 300 I knew I had to buy one. And its not easy now to import any car from the USA to Australia without running a through a maze of Aussie government lunacy. Now we have to remove all asbestos from the car and get it tested for zero asbestos before its shipped.I will be in the market to buy coupe convertible or sedan sometime in the next year so let me know if youre selling thanks

It appears I am about to stumble again. I own two Rolls Royces two Jaguars one Cadillac but when I came across the 1969 Chrysler 300 I knew I had to buy one. And its not easy now to import any car from the USA to Australia without running a through a maze of Aussie government lunacy. Now we have to remove all asbestos from the car and get it tested for zero asbestos before its shipped.I will be in the market to buy coupe convertible or sedan sometime in the next year so let me know if youre selling thanks
@SOVIET

You will have MUCH better examples to choose from than any of my 69 verts after I am done. Many such examples are owned by people ON this site, and come through all the time.

I can guarantee you I wouldn't have removed all the asbestos. I also probably wont make them "show" quality. I'll probably do other things to make purists mad at me. :)

All the best ... I am sure you will get into a "fine '69".

i thing i got keep looking for 1970 convertible thank you

@SOVIET

You will have MUCH better examples to choose from than any of my 69 verts after I am done. Many such examples are owned by people ON this site, and come through all the time.

I can guarantee you I wouldn't have removed all the asbestos. I also probably wont make them "show" quality. I'll probably do other things to make purists mad at me. :)

All the best ... I am sure you will get into a "fine '69".
Thanks I do all my own Resto work apart from rechroming. I don't follow originality so I will get to have 6 speed stick manual 69 300. I may even go completely crazy and modify a 300 sedan to a fully retractable Convertible. I leather up the entire interior as I don't like smelly sweaty vinyl. I only buy I never sell so I am immune to the market place. The 69 300 is a supercool shape. Chrysler's are easily repaired and maintained unlike Rolls Royce or Jaguars which can send people to chew bark off trees with their bare teeth. Thanks for the welcome

The 300 looks like an excellent deal, not much more than scrap value. Would need to lay eyes on, not much in the way of good pics-

Chrysler 300 Convertible . Only 1,933 Chrysler 300 convertibles produced in 1969. Guess you would consider it a "barn find" as is all original including the 440 CI engine but has been sitting in storage for over 30 years untouched. It is in rough shape and might be considered a parts vehicle. Have detailed pics with full appraisal upon request. Next to the 300 is a 1969 Fury III convertible in better shape. Please see that ad under Plymouth as I would like to sell both together. $1,200 OBO

Plymouth Fury III Convertible. One of 3,830 Furry III convertibles produced in 1969.All original including the 318 CI engine but has been sitting in storage for over 30 years untouched. Guess you could considered it a "barn find". It is in restorable condition per detailed appraisal. Next to the Fury is a Chrysler 300 convertible in rough shape considered to be a parts car. Please see that ad under Chrysler as I would like to sell both together. $4,500 OBO

Cars On Line.com | Classic Cars For Sale
Cars On Line.com | Classic Cars For Sale

View attachment 569525View attachment 569526View attachment 569527
Nice

Back