Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
Solid base to start with.......i guess!

1969 Dodge Polara 2 dr Hardtop C43

517_original.jpg

Thank you for posting about DL23F9D144724 . You left the best part out: superlite car!

518_original.jpg

520_original.jpg

519_original.jpg

522_original.jpg

521_original.jpg

523_original.jpg

524_original.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve known about that car for 10+ years now. It was a couple miles away from my house when I lived in Tucson. The storage lot people would never give me the owners info, which why would they? It had been there for probably 10 years before I seen it! I like it but I promised myself, no more C body big projects! And they didn’t park it there because it ran really well.

If you read the fine print it looks like you’re technically buying (and cleaning) the contents of an abandoned storage unit that just happens to have a car in it. I’m not sure how that works since the car is obviously outside. One could theoretically buy the car and have a shipper come get it but the fine print mentions cleaning and in person responsibilities that would complicate things.

But who am I kidding? My next car really has to at least “lot drive.” I’ve got enough immobile projects right now.

Another spring special with super lite. It does look a little out of place on the '69 grille, a bit cleaner without.

It’s that “5th eye” on the drivers side of the grille. Basically an extra single high beam.
Thanks for the info, I was wondering the same thing. How hard is it to find a bulb for one of those, does it have a separate switch on the dash or what.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering the same thing. How hard is it to find a bulb for one of those, does it have a separate switch on the dash or what.

Bulbs are right up there with hen's teeth. It has a switch on the dash that then operates the lamp through the dimmer switch. With the switch off, the dimmer acts the normal high/low operation, but when switched on it changes to low/superlite operation. The superlite is not on with the high beams, only with the lows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back