For Sale 1969 Imperial 2-door Hardtop - $5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the basket case situation... I would share my dokumentataion about the disassembly of my '69 with a possible buyer if it helps to get a '69 back on the road. That should take a bit of fear out of such a case.

My storage was sold last fall and I was shitting my pants but it worked out. Good luck.

"Imperial only derby"... Sounds like just about the worst idea imaginable..!

Makes me wanna puke.. (on the drivers... friggin Imp-slayers) :soapbox:

The derby guys don't care. That's why I won't support them. These cars are just a piece of metal to them. Yeah they act real sincere when they buy it, and act real nice parting out what doesn't work in the derby. They count on us enthusiasts, and car guys to buy the left overs.....

The interior came from another 69. Its nice! Yes, that car was in an Imperial only derby. I tried to talk the guy out of it. It was actually bought on ebay around 6 months ago. You may be able to hit completed listings and see it. It was a nice car too. Its gone now. This car needs work. No denying that. Honestly, I would rather it stay in the states man. I will try and buy it back eventually and if its over there......that will never happen. Thanks though.

that is an interessting car I think.
But too bad for the non original parts from other cars. This is not very important if it fits the original configuration of the car.
the interior was originally black too ?

We (I mean european people ) are spending tons of money to get US cars, money that do not goes effectively on body or interior work ( for France, around 3000€ with all costs ( ocean freight, customs, gas to get the car, toll... ) and depends on location in the US ). think that if we spent so much money to get a car we won't let it go to scrap ( but yes it can happend after many resales and many owner that do not maintain the car). If we do it, you'll can do it too to get your car back, IMO.

About the basket case situation... I would share my dokumentataion about the disassembly of my '69 with a possible buyer if it helps to get a '69 back on the road. That should take a bit of fear out of such a case.

You are obviously a kind, generous (and very skilled) man Vodka, but in reality John don't want to sell.. what he want, is a long term lease where the leasing party fix up "his" car...

Yess!!! Shoot, if someone local bought it. I would help put it together. This way I can keep my eye on it.

Buy my car guys, but I want to get it back when I want.......... No I won't sell it to you your to far for me to get it back......... good luck with the sale! !

Yess!!! Shoot, if someone local bought it. I would help put it together. This way I can keep my eye on it.

I fully understand your Imperial pain, and selling it locally may give you peace of mind, but with all due respect John, is it realistic to find a person who:

1. Is a C-Body freak (We are extremely few.. even if we ad the dry-dock guys)
2. Has time to take on such a project
3. Has desire for such a venture, (which no matter how ýou twist and turn it, would be a "labour of love" as more money would go in, that it would be worth after..)
4. Is willing, to part with the car, after doing all the work
5. Would be "emotionally able", to let one of the finest coupes in the universe drive of, in exchange for some measly cash

..and what you need, is a COMBO of ALL these 5..?? Very unlikely, but good luck!

However, as I said.. I fully understand your hesitation, as I would never sell it myself. I sold my last C-Body.. my "Sahara Tan" 70' 300, and that was insanely stupid, even though I got a good price for it. It was "fading" in paint, and going bubbly under the vinyl.. and conservative as I am, I was unable to dig in, as it was 101% original. The guy I sold it to, took it apart, marked every single nut & bolt to put it back together same way... but he painted it spinnaker white, and left out the vinyl roof. Also, changed the "gold" interior to black leather.

After it drove of into the night leaving the approx 180 cm wide tail light lens, as the last visual impression, and I was looking at the relatively small pile of cash, I felt really stupid!

So, one C-body dude to another, I urge you to KEEP it.. TAKE your time, and cut another corner if necessary, but keep the Imp, and restore it as you clearly still dream about.

I am currently fixing up my house and hopefully sell it, so I can find a ugly cheap house, with a BIG BEAUTIFUL garage.. (as I's gonna have me a collection :-D)

I still dream of that white 70 Imp.. that went to UK to get flipped.. Anyone knows if it's in good hands now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back