1969 Imperial I may be pulling the trigger on today

Hello!

Just getting into the vintage car world and potentially going to be checking out this 69 imperial. Listed with 88k on the engine, an original 440 that turns but hasn't been attempted to run. Minimal rust, solid interior (minus some work), a vinyl top that needs to be replaced, and some trim work. Thought and opinions moving forward? Clean title, listed for 2.9k

View attachment 570051

View attachment 570052

View attachment 570053

View attachment 570054

View attachment 570055

View attachment 570056
Go for it, you'll be needing this, pm if interested

PXL_20230101_142339080.jpg

PXL_20230101_142400369.jpg

PXL_20230101_142414241.jpg

PXL_20230101_142441460.jpg

Again from personal experience, the 69's especially the early ones made in 68, were horrendous. Broken parts from the factory, inadequate trunk sealer. paint that never shined, broken A/C from the factory and sequential turn signals that never - ever worked are only a few examples. The 71 was much more sorted out

Fun.

And no one noticed that those seats are half-assed in vinyl? This group is slippin'

Fun.

And no one noticed that those seats are half-assed in vinyl? This group is slippin'
Good you see you post. Been a long time.

As to your question: the pattern and piping seem correct on all seats. The material should be leather. Are you referring to the discoloration on the passenger front seat as revealing vinyl rather than leather?

AFAICT, this green interior is code MSG. If so, then what parts are leather and what parts are vinyl? if I read correctly, both materials were used as per the Hamtramck Library.

Last edited:
Good you see you post. Been a long time.

As to your question: the pattern and piping seem correct on all seats. The material should be leather. Are you referring to the discoloration on the passenger front seat as revealing vinyl rather than leather?

AFAICT, this green interior is code MSG. If so, then what parts are leather and what parts are vinyl — both materials were used as per the Hamtramck Library.
Thanks.

No French seams, poor overall workmanship and does the material even remotely look like leather?

Thanks.

No French seams, poor overall workmanship and does the material even remotely look like leather?

I would say it looks remotely like leather, on a phone screen, in poor lighting. It looked good at glance, other than the colour variation. Now that you mention it, with a closer look, that drivers seat has definitely been reupholstered. Not a terrible job, but not a great job either. These two corner mitres should line up.

Screenshot_20230103-105346~3.png

I would say it looks remotely like leather, on a phone screen, in poor lighting. It looked good at glance, other than the colour variation. Now that you mention it, with a closer look, that drivers seat has definitely been reupholstered. Not a terrible job, but not a great job either. These two corner mitres should line up.

View attachment 574292
And should be a French seam.

Back