1969 Imperial Progress Videos

Thanks a lot -- I had read that thread, and in fact I bought Meguiar's Plast-X on your advice and will be trying it this weekend on the (incorrect plastic replacement) rear window of Snow White, my 1970 Polara convertible.

However, I was not sure that the bumpers could be polished this well with the product. What procedure did you follow?

Thanks a lot -- I had read that thread, and in fact I bought Meguiar's Plast-X on your advice and will be trying it this weekend on the (incorrect plastic replacement) rear window of Snow White, my 1970 Polara convertible.

However, I was not sure that the bumpers could be polished this well with the product. What procedure did you follow?
Anytime! I hope you have good luck with the Plastic polish.
I would like to tell you I had some special procedure no one knows but..... I would only be lying. All I did was wash the bumpers first and I used the blue magic 2-3 times and you see the result.

I believe the blue magic uses a combination of chemical and mild abrasives. The bottle has a slight smell similar to ammonia when you open it. Some polishes rely on abrasives and chrome will scratch. That is another reason I like it.
I used it on a 67 VW bug and it worked great too.
Keep me posted on your results and good luck!

Thank you! Did you do it by hand with rags, or did you use some sort of orbiter?

Thank you! Did you do it by hand with rags, or did you use some sort of orbiter?
I bought a bulk pack of microfiber towels at Costco and did everything by hand. But like I said I did go over them 2-3 times.
The towels average out to be like 50 cents a piece so I just discard them once they are used up, not worth washing.

I bought a bulk pack of microfiber towels at Costco and did everything by hand. But like I said I did go over them 2-3 times.
The towels average out to be like 50 cents a piece so I just discard them once they are used up, not worth washing.
FYI, I have used this:

25302931-887A-48C3-9C33-E2461B521F3C.jpeg

It is used on non-glass aircraft windows and I like it.

Back