NOT MINE 1969 Monaco conv 383-4

69monaco

Reaction score
1969 DODGE CONVERTIBLE | Classic Cars | Nelson | Kijiji

1662572906254.png

Thank you for posting -- has anyone gotten the tag? @marko @boostedvan -- does either of you know this 383-4 Monaco 500?

At $27,500 CAD, they aren't giving it away. Looks really nice in teh first pic, though.

But...
Seats don't match and the door latch hardware got painted over.

I will probably never see painted latches without thinking it was amateur-hour somewhere along the way.
They either prepped the parts for good adhesion (which should've been a red flag not to do it) or they didn't prep them and the paint's gonna flake off (which would be red flag #2).

1663034218169.png

Oh, do I hate seeing bare metal parts painted during a paint job. As mention it is a red flag for me too if for nothing else then you were too lazy to get it right. So what else were you lazy about?

Yeah the car has a couple of red flags in the mismatching seats and the painted over door jamb trim, but it's still a really nice looking car. If I was interested, I'd at least contact the seller for more details. That does seem to be a premium price. For that, it better be rock solid with no bondo/filler and solid frame.

Thank you for posting -- has anyone gotten the tag? @marko @boostedvan -- does either of you know this 383-4 Monaco 500?

ive seen the ad up for quite a while.
it seems like a nice car and at asking cdn$ 27,500 which is just under us$ 21,000, i dont think you you'd be going too wrong, rebuilt eng & trans, new top, redone front seats ( the colour diff would irritate me) all add up if you had to do it now.

And... There might be a lot of wiggle room, if they are needing to sell the car and have had no offers.

Back