For Sale 1969 New Yorker 2-Door $21000

Status
Not open for further replies.
00j0j_8rjtJsMJlbz_1200x900.jpg

NEVER SEEN SALT!

:rofl::rofl:

That ones out the window!

17k € -> 19,5k $
I mean that car was listed for 21k for months, so the American seller either dropped to 15k so that the Dutch seller makes some profit or that ad is a scam

This car is not worth $21K in my opinion, and I saw the car in person. Be careful and have someone check it out carefully before you buy it at that price.

AFAIK it is owned by a dutch guy who traveled with it from Canada to LA. He left it in LA. Car was bought from Tobias/Canada.

What was wrong with it Steve?
Please put some light on

Carsten

The car has a vintage air unit installed and an aluminum radiator, is original an non AC car Carsten

17k € -> 19,5k $
I mean that car was listed for 21k for months, so the American seller either dropped to 15k so that the Dutch seller makes some profit or that ad is a scam
It belongs to the Dutch guy Marv

AFAIK it is owned by a dutch guy who traveled with it from Canada to LA. He left it in LA. Car was bought from Tobias/Canada.

What was wrong with it Steve?
Please put some light on

Carsten

Any Chrysler with a/c got a 26" radiator, and even those in hot weather traffic are borderline in being able to cool the car with the a/c off, and if there is any cooling system neglect, the coolant temperature will rise above 210F with the a/c on depending on how hot it is outside and how much of a traffic jam there is. And with a non-a/c car you got a 22" radiator, which was never adequate for high temperature areas like California or Arizona, for example, even without a/c. To add a/c on a car with a 22" radiator is just asking for trouble, and the owner had plenty of that when he got to California. So Tobias probably was never aware of that likelihood when it came down here since in Canada, the weather conditions probably never caused him to see that first hand. There was a reason Chrysler added a temperature light instead of a gauge in those years - I was at the proving grounds in Chelsea in 1969 and saw some of the temperature data on the margin of the radiators that Chrysler put in their cars - they were trying too hard to save money. Big mistake for cars destined out west. There is a reason people out here didn't buy too many of their cars in the 70s and GM ate their lunch with good cross flow cooling systems and much more capable a/c systems that really worked in these high temperatures to more than adequately cool the interiors. There was a reason Chrysler went bankrupt circa 1980.

But I also thought the car's paint and interior in general were not so nice that I would pay that high of a price for the car and there were other items that seemed to show too much wear too, pretty much what you would expect with a 120K mile car. But the current owner added an aluminum radiator apparently, so that must have helped and it sounds like he redid some of the interior so maybe that has come up a notch from when I saw it. Maybe something has been done to the paint to improve it too since I saw it, but he doesn't mention that.

My only concern is that the engine may have overheated a few times in the past, and so if no engine rebuild has been done, can one be expected in its near future? All the photos are from afar of the body, so is the car really so nice that it should command that price? For that money I would expect a lower mileage or reasonably well restored car rather than one that didn't originally come with a/c and now has add-on a/c with a non-stock aluminum radiator (and I would like to view how well that was done too) and isn't a low miles car. But that is just my opinion, and that is why I believe someone interested in buying that car at that price should have it inspected to be sure it is worth that much to them. I wouldn't pay that much for it, but maybe some others would. I would also like to see engine compartment photos and more close up shots of any defects. Its just my opinion - not trying to hammer anyone. The car does look pretty nice from the more distant photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back