For Sale 1969 Sport Fury Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transamconvert

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. I'm looking for a convertible and went to check this one out. I think I'd like something more finished but thought I'd post it if anyone else was interested. It's on Facebook.

318, decent interior. Drove well. Needs a top and a paint job.

20180426_170020.jpg

Post more pics and you will get some wisdom on this car.

From what I can see: the good - sport fury, white interior, spring special chrome on the front. The bad - looks like rust on the front of the hood behind the trim, after market mirror drivers side, the roof looks out of line but it may not be latched down properly. It looks like another case of trying to sell a car with crappy pictures and not setting up the car for picture taking . I just don’t get it. I would really like to see more pictures, this car has a lot of potential !

The picture was mine, and yes the top wasn't latched I just put it up to see what kind of shape it was in (very bad). Pictures here, I took a couple videos since I'm not a great photographer. Spory Fury

You can see that someone drilled holes for snaps or something on the top of the doors. Also there's "(jerk) was here" carved into the rear seat of what is otherwise a pretty nice interior. The main issue for me was that both quarters behind the rear wheels were heavily patched and mudded inside and out, and on the passenger side between the door and wheel. Not good bodywork either, I could see the print of a couple rivet heads through the paint. There were also lots of little rust spots in corners and panel edges etc. I think it could be restored with a strip down and good bodywork and a repaint but I'm not sure that's the kind of project I'm looking for. The good news was that it went, turned shifted and stopped pretty well and the floors and trunk looked ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back