WANTED 1970 - 1971 fury front turn signal housings and/or lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Frey

Reaction score
Contact seller
Wanted: 1970-1971 Fury turn signal assemblies or housings or lenses. Anyone know of any for sale?
Thank you!

front turn signals.jpg

Good Luck.....on 1970 lenses as interchange with Superbird's...but repop's out there if you can afford them......1971's are all amber and easier to find.

In looking at FBBO site it appears you are looking for the same for a Superbird with a slightly different worded ad and member info/picture....it would have been nice to do a complete disclosure here...if you can afford a Superbird, you can afford the repop's

Good Luck.....on 1970 lenses as interchange with Superbird's...but repop's out there if you can afford them......1971's are all amber and easier to find.

In looking at FBBO site it appears you are looking for the same for a Superbird with a slightly different worded ad and member info/picture....it would have been nice to do a complete disclosure here...if you can afford a Superbird, you can afford the repop's
Yep that's me! On the B Body site my ad speaks to B Body owners. My ad here speaks to C body owners. Not sure what I need to disclose, the part is the same. Sorry if i missed something. You say there are repops - please direct me where I can find them. I do not mind reproduction parts as long as they are of good quality. Thank you!

Yep that's me! On the B Body site my ad speaks to B Body owners. My ad here speaks to C body owners. Not sure what I need to disclose, the part is the same. Sorry if i missed something. You say there are repops - please direct me where I can find them. I do not mind reproduction parts as long as they are of good quality. Thank you!

Hello Pete. I'm also looking for clear turn signal lights for my 70 SF. So if you know where we can get them I will be thankful for your help. Thanks and have a nice weekend! Sebastian

Sebastian, I have found some in the past the top of the lense overhang with the edge broken off on EBAY. I would suggest you put that in their search in case someone lists some. I'm not aware of any others unless at junkyards. Of course, if you have none the amber 1971 ones will work.

Thank you for the links! This would be for a Superbird (clear lenses) but I would buy the amber ones as a temporary solution if they were a little less $. I would pay their price or more if they were the clear ones that the Superbirds came with. I believe the 70 Fury also had the clear ones. I appreciate you sending this. Bob

Repops of those lenses in clear are no longer available. However, I believe AMS Obsolete will likely be reproducing them in the not too distant future, i.e. yet this year.

Repops of those lenses in clear are no longer available. However, I believe AMS Obsolete will likely be reproducing them in the not too distant future, i.e. yet this year.
Yes, I spoke to Mike at AMS about an hour ago and he said that they were going to run some of them, perhaps as early as next month. Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I think Pete meant that it seemed like you were coming on a C-body site looking for 'Fury lenses' for a Superbird -- that you were fishing our pond.

I could be wrong, but I think Pete meant that it seemed like you were coming on a C-body site looking for 'Fury lenses' for a Superbird -- that you were fishing our pond.
That is exactly what I was doing, just like if I was looking for a distributor, or a hub cap or some other part that traverses body styles. Is this against the rules? Like one of the other C body members said in a related post "If it were not for the Superbird ,the 70 Fury turn signal lenses would have never been reproduced". "Mopar or No Car", Fury Fan!

No, it's not against the rules.

I don't know what 'Mopar or no car" is supposed to mean here, but some perspective for you:
For years our cars were plundered, bigblocks were yanked to put in B&E bodies, and our cars sent off to derbies. (still happens today)

70-71 Sport Furys, esp S/23s and GTs, are highly regarded on this site - and there are several guys that have shown exemplary ability to restore them to world-class standards, which doesn't happen as often as it should because NOS and reproduction parts for C-bodies are more difficult to find. And it's a guaranteed upside-down money-pit to do so, because restoration labor rates don't care if the finished car is worth 2/3-less than a Superbird.

So far, there's zero info of any C-body involvement/ownership on your end, your posts are only for finding these lenses for your Superbird -- which reduces our group's resources of lenses for a 70 Fury that needs them (regardless of whether they were reproduced).

If a guy on here is also on FBBO and sells you lenses thru there, that's fair game.
You outbid all the Fury guys on a set of Fury lenses on ebay - that's fair game.

But you came here purposefully to request 'Fury' lenses - see the difference?

Last edited:
No, it's not against the rules.

I don't know what 'Mopar or no car" is supposed to mean here, but some perspective for you:
For years our cars were plundered, bigblocks were yanked to put in B&E bodies, and our cars sent off to derbies. (still happens today)

70-71 Sport Furys, esp S/23s and GTs, are highly regarded on this site - and there are several guys that have shown exemplary ability to restore them to world-class standards, which doesn't happen as often as it should because NOS and reproduction parts for C-bodies are more difficult to find. And it's a guaranteed upside-down money-pit to do so, because restoration labor rates don't care if the finished car is worth 2/3-less than a Superbird.

So far, there's zero info of any C-body involvement/ownership on your end, your posts are only for finding these lenses for your Superbird -- which reduces our group's resources of lenses for a 70 Fury that needs them (regardless of whether they were reproduced).

If a guy on here is also on FBBO and sells you lenses thru there, that's fair game.
You outbid all the Fury guys on a set of Fury lenses on ebay - that's fair game.

But you came here purposefully to request 'Fury' lenses - see the difference?
By definition it's fair game if it is within the rules. We all know restoring cars is a money loser most of the time, they are almost all "upside down money pits". I do not see any other ads on here wanting to buy 70-71 Fury lenses so (at least for the moment) selling me lenses that came off of a Fury that got parted out allows the seller to have more cash for other needs.

I have found a 71 Fury 4 door with no engine or transmission for less than $1000 that has the turn signal assemblies on it. I am thinking about buying the car for the signal housings and then selling or parting out the car. If there is anything there that might help you or anyone else you know, please let me know.

The Mopar or No Car was only meant that all Mopar fans should help all other Mopar fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back