NOT MINE 1970 300 Hurst: Wrecked - Yorkville IL $3100

GregG48203

Reaction score
1968 Chrysler 200

There's nothing I can tell about its authenticity from one picture, except that the fiberglass would have shattered and left the metal frame behind. The description is equally useless:
1968 Chrysler 200
Listed 4 weeks ago in Yorkville, IL
Seller's Description
Salvage, runs
About This Vehicle
Driven 78,788 miles
Exterior color: Grey
Clean title
This vehicle has no significant damage or problems.
Hurst_wreck.jpg

That is a scam going on there for sure. The seller doesn't even know what year it is.

I actually bought that salvage vehicle at least 6 years ago now and recovered all the useful parts from it (and that photo is from the yard that I bought it from before I took all the parts off) and it was subsequently sent to the salvage yard for good by me out here in California. Be very careful......................................

Last edited:
I wonder how that happened? It looks like there was alot of forward momentum due to the damage on the rear, yet looking at the bumper, it wasn't head on. 45 degree "Y" boned to the passenger side front wheel? Nasty indeed.

Saw this newer 300 yesterday. I thought it held up pretty well. I believe it was in what is technically referred to as a "frontal offset", essentially a head on to half of the front, worse than a full head on. Airbags deployed, no cabin damage evident with a quick look. Drivers door opened and closed, but definitely not as it should, could've just been the fender in the way.
PXL_20221210_212856891.jpg
PXL_20221210_212918087.jpg

I wonder how that happened? It looks like there was alot of forward momentum due to the damage on the rear, yet looking at the bumper, it wasn't head on. 45 degree "Y" boned to the passenger side front wheel? Nasty indeed.

Saw this newer 300 yesterday. I thought it held up pretty well. I believe it was in what is technically referred to as a "frontal offset", essentially a head on to half of the front, worse than a full head on. Airbags deployed, no cabin damage evident with a quick look. Drivers door opened and closed, but definitely not as it should, could've just been the fender in the way.

In the case of the Hurst, there was an elderly couple in the car and after they left a Chrysler 300 meet in the South (perhaps Georgia - not sure anymore) there was some light rain taking place and the older man driving slid off the highway on a sharp turn and the right front of the car struck a sizeable tree. They both had their seat belts on and the lady passenger struck her head into the soft part of the instrument panel pad and the driver's head hit the steering wheel. They both spent the night in a hospital but both were released the next morning and they rented a car and drove home, so the Hurst did a pretty good job of absorbing the impact and keeping the passenger area intact. When I talked with the driver, he said he was going about 50 mph when he slid off the road.

And when I got the engine out of the car it did actually run very well and according to the driver, had been recently rebuilt and of course it was a U code 440HP. The decklid on the car was actually very nice too and not bowed in the center like so many others are from the constant pressure upward on that completely fiberglass piece. The interior was also very nice.

In the case of the Hurst, there was an elderly couple in the car and after they left a Chrysler 300 meet in the South (perhaps Georgia - not sure anymore) there was some light rain taking place and the older man driving slid off the highway on a sharp turn and the right front of the car struck a sizeable tree. They both had their seat belts on and the lady passenger struck her head into the soft part of the instrument panel pad and the driver's head hit the steering wheel. They both spent the night in a hospital but both were released the next morning and they rented a car and drove home, so the Hurst did a pretty good job of absorbing the impact and keeping the passenger area intact. When I talked with the driver, he said he was going about 50 mph when he slid off the road.

And when I got the engine out of the car it did actually run very well and according to the driver, had been recently rebuilt and of course it was a U code 440HP. The decklid on the car was actually very nice too and not bowed in the center like so many others are from the constant pressure upward on that completely fiberglass piece. The interior was also very nice.

Thanks for the reply! That explains it. I'd say the Hurst did a great job protecting that couple. Too bad for the car. At least all salvageable parts were saved by the right guy.

Also thanks for shedding light on the now clearly scam of an ad. Darn shysters! Targeting the C body crowd!? What's next!

Just for the entertainment value I sent a facebook message to the seller that we know it's a scam, I am waiting to see what happens.

Just for the entertainment value I sent a facebook message to the seller that we know it's a scam, I am waiting to see what happens.
I'm wondering whether there is a way to send Facebook notice that it is a scam?

Back