NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible - $12,800 - Westminster, Mass.

Congrats, getting back into C-bodies with a very nice car.

VERY HAPPY for you Mark!!! I could not believe how amazingly solid the frame/subframe/and floor pans are!!! This defiantly is a great foundation for a nice running driving project! I will be honest -I am very envious!!!!

Shows sale pending now......Yeah it's me! (...) Can't wait to get it home in a few weeks!
Congrats! ER6 Red is a great color for one of the Last Convertibles, ask me how I know :)

While you wait for the car to arrive, can you share some of its history?

Last edited:
Congrats! ER6 Red is a great color for one of the Last Convertibles, ask me how I know :)

While you wait for the car to arrive, can you share some of its history?
Thanks! Nice Polara you have there. Looks like one of many that you have. The 300 was owned by an older gentleman in NY. Currently owned by a body shop that replaced trunk pan and lower body rust with new metal patches. Their work looks really good and the rest of the underbody is extremely solid. Interior is in very good condition, just needs a good cleaning. Engine starts and runs very good, even from a very cold start. Trans goes into gear immediately. All electrical seems to work very well, including headlamp doors and windows. Plan is to drive it home in a couple weeks when money clears and weather is better (snowed here today).

20210521_064148.jpg

Finally got it home and it has become my daily driver! Gonna convert to electronic ignition and get the carb rebuilt as preventive maintenance to keep it reliable. Amazingly everything works well. Cleaned up the interior today and can't get over how well it came out and how well it runs.

At the time of posting, This FB ad is 1 day old.

1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible - $12,800 - Westminster, Massachusetts

FB Description

Chrysler 300 2 owner last guy owned car since 1974 car runs drives exc 440 auto power windows cruise buckets console inside nice driver quallity new heater core car is a driver put trunk pan quarter bottoms ect all metal work is done figure i would offer it before i paint it call randy [hidden information]
View attachment 441029 View attachment 441028 View attachment 441030 View attachment 441032 View attachment 441036 View attachment 441033 View attachment 441031 View attachment 441034 View attachment 441035 View attachment 441037

Look where that trim stops on the top ...

Finally got it home and it has become my daily driver! Gonna convert to electronic ignition and get the carb rebuilt as preventive maintenance to keep it reliable. Amazingly everything works well. Cleaned up the interior today and can't get over how well it came out and how well it runs.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it

2 years, 4 months. This Spring hopefully?!
I just can't understand how a shop can keep a car for that long. Nevermind the awful customer relations why tie up valuable space for that long? I was mostly a one man shop and never had anything for more than 6 months on a rotisserie restoration. I wouldn't bring a job in until I was ready to work on it. This "Bodyshop Prison" seems to be the norm now. :BangHead:

I just can't understand how a shop can keep a car for that long. Nevermind the awful customer relations why tie up valuable space for that long? I was mostly a one man shop and never had anything for more than 6 months on a rotisserie restoration. I wouldn't bring a job in until I was ready to work on it. This "Bodyshop Prison" seems to be the norm now. :BangHead:
From conversations with the guy that owned the shop that painted my '70, the insurance jobs are fast money and the customers are in a hurry and usually aren't as fussy. The slow money of a restoration gets pushed off into the corner and used as "filler" for slow times.

Trouble is, there's few slow times for good body shops. Maybe the middle of summer, but then the guys working there take vacations because it's slow. Want to see a real busy shop in the northeast? Walk in two days after a snowstorm or when hunting season opens and the deer start coming out of the woods.

My own experience wasn't like that.... He always had one restoration going along with insurance jobs. He worked just like you.... Didn't take on anything that would sit around. I did wait several months for an opening, but that meant I could still do whatever with the car. Once he got it in, they got right to work with it.

He did have to push mine back about a week when he had a rash of jobs come in from some lease company that contracted with him, but he called me, explained the situation and apologized. It added about a week to the estimated time my car would be done.... So about 7 1/2 weeks versus the 6 weeks he had promised.

But... He sold the shop and retired... I'm told the new owner has the same philosophy, but I haven't needed any work, so I haven't talked to him. One of his guys (a fantastic painter) is an old friend and I'll call him first to see if that is still the case.

Back