1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible - $1250

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what B or E body the new owner is going to put the engine in?

I have a friend in the area that seems to know everyone. He's keeping his eyes open. The car (minus engine and trans) may still pop up.

Did the car ever pop up again? @Big_John and @mdh157, did you ever get a tag photo or at least the VIN?

Did the car ever pop up again? @Big_John and @mdh157, did you ever get a tag photo or at least the VIN?
Sadly, the car was parted out. I got the wheels, bumpers, complete white interior, and assorted sheet metal. The car was under several feet of snow when I was there, no chance to even look under the hood. From what I was told by the owner, the motor was junk. It had a console stuffed with papers that I still have, there was even a partial build sheet stuck to the front bumper. I’ll take a look, maybe I can find the vin.

Sadly, the car was parted out. I got the wheels, bumpers, complete white interior, and assorted sheet metal. The car was under several feet of snow when I was there, no chance to even look under the hood. From what I was told by the owner, the motor was junk. It had a console stuffed with papers that I still have, there was even a partial build sheet stuck to the front bumper. I’ll take a look, maybe I can find the vin.
Was that on this sale or from whoever bought it from this seller?

Thanks guys! @Samplingman, yes please -- since there is no VIN or tag in the thread that @Big_John tracked down, please post so we can add the info to the Last Convertibles thread (with an appropriate RIP).

Was that on this sale or from whoever bought it from this seller?
Not from this sale, but the guy who bought it, I imagine. It was still being parted in the late summer of 2015. He had family in Allentown PA, and I met him there to pick up the bumpers and wheels. It was March 2015 that my wife and I were vacationing in Niagara and stopped in Buffalo on the way home to get the interior. The tires were brand new at the time. As was told to me, the previous owners were getting it back on the road when the engine seized. It only had 45k on the clock, but hadn't run in years.

Don’t ask me why I save this crap, but it is the closest thing to paper documentation for anything I own, plus I’m an historian by nature and education, lol. That NYS Thruway ticket book is dated Aug 13 1978, might have been the last time on the road which would account for the mileage. The “bumper” build sheet is not enough to determine any options except for the black steering wheel and we can tell what radio it had thanks to bad glue on the paper ID plate. The motor vehicle tax receipt shows the vin, but a different last name and ZIP code than on the bank statement, might have changed owners a few times. Of course, it is almost intact except for the year. I swear, mice know exactly where to chew just to keep us guessing. VIN is CM27TOC113847.

D1746EDC-3366-4B6B-BD1C-AEBFB7F3339D.jpeg
88ED59F0-F551-4143-9DE3-23A37BF87786.jpeg
D9D6A027-B58E-49B0-A62F-8DF0DC0356E7.jpeg
A7283E97-EA2C-41EC-89E5-0A1542DE672A.jpeg
4048B55E-D83F-42D9-9D5E-B1548F654078.jpeg

You, Sir, are great! :thumbsup:

Thanks a real bunch for posting those docs about the now-defunct CM27T0C113847. I have posted a link on the Last Convertibles thread with proper credit. If you have other tags or sheets for other '70 'verts that have gone through your hands, it'd be great if you could also post them there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back