For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible - $3500 (Dale, IN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeahrightgreer

Reaction score
Contact seller
Ill just leave this here...

1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

"For sale a 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible. Has the original 440 CID engine with Heavy Duty 727 Automatic Transmission. Has Factory four-barrel carb, does run off a gas can to the carb and pull itself in all gears including reverse. Does not have any brakes. The car was last plated in 1986 and has been stored in a barn since. The car was highly optioned with factory air, front bucket seats with center floor shifter. The exterior is solid, including the floor pans, truck pan, fenders, rear quarters it just has some surface rust. Does have damage to the front and will need front bumper and valance. The car is very solid for its age and has minor dents. The interior parts and top can be bought new. Does have an 8 3/4 rearend with a 489 center section. It will come with the factory silver 15" steel wheels, currently not on the car, but will be putting some decent tires on them.

This is the last year they made the Chrysler 300 in a convertible and they only made 1,077 convertibles in 1970.

I am currently in the process of getting an Indiana title in my name. All paperwork has been sent off, just waiting for it to be processed.

Look at the pictures if you want more I can send them to you. I am asking $3,500 OBO. Call, text or email me about it, if I don't answer leave me a message and I will get back with you. I can be reached at 812-893-0130. I do not do PayPal. Cash is preferred. The only trades I will consider are 1936-38 Dodge Truck, 1937-38 Plymouth Truck, 1958-59 Dodge Truck 2 wheel drive short bed sweptline or 1976-79 Dodge Truck 2 wheel drive short bed sweptline. I do not need help selling"

00K0K_1xcMff6Xi3K_600x450.jpg

00M0M_5Hukl3ie42p_600x450.jpg

00M0M_dMDYpYhRHdZ_600x450.jpg

00W0W_kMOkuw9OQB8_600x450.jpg

00z0z_i4u3m5z81Fd_600x450.jpg

01111_2IojdiP9I2Y_600x450.jpg

Love a nice fuselage. Could this car really have been stored indoors for the last 32 years and the interior and convertible top be that bad. I would expect it to be dry and cracked but wow, no top material at all.

This one has been around the block here before. Too messed up it seems to me unless you really want to do a complete restoration, and it seems there are very few people willing to do that anymore. The interior is a complete mess. But he did get it running and yard driving. I believe he got the car in Idaho before it was going off to the crusher, so perhaps the underside isn't all that bad, but someone here has seen it in person and thought the rust was more than he wanted to deal with, as I recall. Maybe he has some photos?

"For sale a 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible. Has the original 440 CID engine with Heavy Duty 727 Automatic Transmission. Has Factory four-barrel carb, does run off a gas can to the carb and pull itself in all gears including reverse. Does not have any brakes. The car was last plated in 1986 and has been stored in a barn since. The car was highly optioned with factory air, front bucket seats with center floor shifter. The exterior is solid, including the floor pans, truck pan, fenders, rear quarters it just has some surface rust. Does have damage to the front and will need front bumper and valance. The car is very solid for its age and has minor dents. The interior parts and top can be bought new. Does have an 8 3/4 rearend with a 489 center section. It will come with the factory silver 15" steel wheels, currently not on the car, but will be putting some decent tires on them.

This is the last year they made the Chrysler 300 in a convertible and they only made 1,077 convertibles in 1970.

I am currently in the process of getting an Indiana title in my name. All paperwork has been sent off, just waiting for it to be processed.

Look at the pictures if you want more I can send them to you. I am asking $3,500 OBO. Call, text or email me about it, if I don't answer leave me a message and I will get back with you. I can be reached at 812-893-0130. I do not do PayPal. Cash is preferred. The only trades I will consider are 1936-38 Dodge Truck, 1937-38 Plymouth Truck, 1958-59 Dodge Truck 2 wheel drive short bed sweptline or 1976-79 Dodge Truck 2 wheel drive short bed sweptline. I do not need help selling"

View attachment 164419

View attachment 164420

View attachment 164421

View attachment 164422

View attachment 164423

View attachment 164424
Trivial, I know, but weird. Not only the name, but I was born and raised Evansville, just miles from this town. Wouldn't have guess that would have been hiding out there. thanks.

would someone really pay $3500 for this?
When my son sold cars, he told me "There's an *** for every seat". So.... Maybe some poorly informed Barrett Jackson dreamer might jump on it, but I seriously doubt that anyone will pay that much. Maybe... $1500, but only because the top goes down.

BTW, anyone else notice the 69 headlight doors with 70 parking lights?

it's a bit messed up on the front grille..
I wonder what it met up with...

I think it has a lot of potential, with a great color combo. Strange, A/C car with crank windows. The padded steering wheel is also interesting, whats left of it. There will be a lot of little pin holes in that trunk, which would warrant replacement, and possibly the floors, even though it appears to be a California car (notice the vent pipe in the trunk). $3500 is a bit much even if the buyer already had the interior and front end parts to put it back together. Front valance is un-obtainium. On the other hand, it looks like it has all the hard to find 'vert and 300 specific trim.

Last edited:
Four you, James, a car like that is a piece of cake. You started out with a project that was equally, if not more challenging..:thumbsup:
Don't know about "piece of cake", but you are right, my project was a bit rougher than this one is now. Thing is, I got my project for next to nothing, and now after 8 years I can say it is in better shape and has cost me less than this one's "starting point", LOL. This one would make a decent parts car for a project like mine, but as Big John points out, for about $2000 less.

Almost looks like it had an engine fire looking at the pattern of the rust. Or it was parked under a lawn sprinkler... :)

View attachment 164419

View attachment 164420

View attachment 164421

View attachment 164422

View attachment 164423

View attachment 164424
This car inspected back in July 2017. The rust issues are real bad. The cowl area was in bad condition. Would take a solid donor car to make this doable. Not to mention the skills of a Wollfen quality to do it. Interior costs are a very realistic 4000.00, metal work and paint 15000.00 and that's plus purchased price. Cost vs rewards you can buy a complete car for less. Check my previous post in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back