NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible (white, white buckets & buddy, $24.9k ask)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
CM27T0C150536 is for sale on AutaBuy. Listed by Classic Auto Mall in Morgantown, PA.

1666923287850.png

1666923313452.png

1666923234566.png

1666923269976.png

1666923369530.png

I suspect (based on several items, including the red text below) that this car is one and the same as the white-on-white 300 'vert that @mdh157 spotted on FB in MD a couple of months ago. From the ad:

"For consignment a 1970 version of the 300 muscle car, and a convertible to boot! This one had the engine rebuilt at 86K, and suspension rebuild at the same time. A new top at 90K and some new seats (...)

Spinnaker White covers all the straight steel panels which are minding their gaps nicely. (...) A new black convertible top adds contrast to the white paint as do all the chromed trimmings in spear, window surround and shiny bumper form. (...) Dual exhaust peek out from underneath and tend towards the center of this car vs. the edges as normal cars tend to do. 15-inch Mopar road wheels are on all 4 corners and these are wrapped in thin whites. The drivers rear quarter shows up in slightly different white paint,
there is notable invasive rust on the lower panels, severe chip off, and evidence of prior bodywork that is now bubbling out.

Interior (...) actuators and crank items revealed in good condition. (...) Black carpeting is reserved for the bottoms. Inside new white front puffy buckets are in, and in the center is an original armrest which folds up to become a center seat, albeit somewhat small. (...) In back is an original bench seat which is slightly yellowed vs. the new front wide buckets. (...)

Under the hood is the numbers matching 440ci V8, topped with a single 4 barrel carburetor. A numbers matching A727 Torqueflite 3-speed automatic transmission is on back and the rear axle is in 8-3/4 inch 3.23 spec. Overall some dust, slight dirt and patina are seen on and about this engine and bay.

Undercarriage Areas of heavier surface rust are seen throughout. Rockers are a bit rough with some invasive rust, and slightly peeling metal at the seams. Invasive rust is noted on the unibody in a few areas and lots of chipped off undercoating throughout. Floor fans are mostly solid with a few areas of invasive rust and the trunk pan displays in the same condition, and a like new dual exhaust is noted. Also front independent torsion bar suspension is on, and in back leaf springs. Power disc braking is up front, and power drums for the rear. A few areas of frowns for this undercarriage.

Drive-Ability A quick starter and allowing those 440 cubes to get dark, I checked all the functions and found them all to be in working order. It was the off to the test track where it has nice acceleration for a large piece of Detroit Iron, bias free braking, and easy steering.
"

Last edited:
This car is being flipped. Was for sale at a restoration shop in WV for a long time for 14,900. Someone finally bought it I was interested but after looking at the pictures online I personally think the rust issues might take a fair amount of money to repair correctly . Not 100 percent sure really without seeing it in person. It was advertised as having minor rust but you could see it had issues in areas around door sills and some fenders. Mechanicals we're advertised as good or replaced.

Beautiful color scheme on this one. These are over fifty years old cars, some rust is to be expected. - The flipping thing is almost unavoidable on any a piece as nice as this one.

after looking at the pictures online I personally think the rust issues might take a fair amount of money to repair correctly . Not 100 percent sure really without seeing it in person.
I concur.

87855270_625477754883_Original.jpg

87855270_6254777577262_Original.jpg

I have always wanted to take a trip to the Auto Mall, it's about an hour and a half from me, this might give me an excuse. As for the rust, it's a consignment sale so it looks like they didn't bother to clean it up other than increasing the white balance on the photos to try and wash the rust out of the images.

I have always wanted to take a trip to the Auto Mall, it's about an hour and a half from me, this might give me an excuse. As for the rust, it's a consignment sale so it looks like they didn't bother to clean it up other than increasing the white balance on the photos to try and wash the rust out of the images.
What is this "white balance" you speak of?
Screenshot_20221028-231439~2.png

Spinnaker White covers all the straight steel panels which are minding their gaps nicely. (...)
As soon as I read that, my sarcastic mind asked 'what color of white is on the wavy panels?' Turns out I was right, the disclosed touch-up areas.

The rust visible in the door jamb areas might just be surface rust due to flaking paint, I've seen that on other cars. Hard to tell without picking at it.

Classic Auto Mall lists a lot of cars on ebay, but doesn't sell many on there. Askign prices are high.
They do seem to be fairly honest in their descriptions, though - many brokers are far more shady.

Back